Where did they go? Journalists on the move week of October 11By Agility PR Solutions on October 14th, 2016 | 0 Comments
Notable journalist and media industry moves:
MAKE THAT CONNECTION
Learn how our database of over 800,000 contacts in 230 countries can help you find and connect with your ideal influencers.
- Newsday.com: business editor David Reich-Hale now reporter covering banking/finance, healthcare, and automobiles. Internet news manager John Callegari to manage business coverage for the website.
- VICE Media: Matt Phillips, formerly Quartz finance and markets editor, joins as editor-in-chief of new VICE Money.
- Dr. Oz The Good Life: to increase rate base from 800,000 to 925,000 in January.
- WGCL-TV (Atlanta, GA): Giovanna Drpic, who hosted “Money & Main$treet” for FiO S1 News, joins as political reporter.
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: Leia Parker, managing editor, leaves.
- Crain’s Cleveland Business: Chuck Soder moves from technology reporter to data editor, but will occasionally cover previous beat.
- Popular Mechanics: Matt Allyn, former MensJournal.com senior associate editor, joins as senior editor.
- Fusion: Dodia Stewart, previously executive editor, replaces Alexis Madrigal as editor-in-chief; Madrigal moves to editor-at-large and will write about technology, housing, and trade.
- The Street: Anne Stanley, former MarketWatch.com managing editor, joins as senior editor. Jerry Kronenberg joins as senior editor to write about real estate, automobiles, personal finance, and investing. Former Market News International deputy managing editor Martin Baccardax joins as London bureau chief.
- KRDO-TV (Colorado Springs, CO): formerly of WKRG-TV (Mobile, AL), Mike Rausch joins as news director.
- Popular Science: formerly of the Washington Post, Rachel Feltman joins as science editor. Former digital editor of Travel + Leisure Amy Schellenbaum joins as online director.
- Rodman Media: Sam Brusco joins as associate editor of Medical Product Outsourcing and Orthopedic Design and Technology. Brusco replaces Ranica Arrowswmith, who is now technology editor of Accounting Today.
- The Atlantic: national correspondent Jeffrey Goldberg replaces James Bennett as editor. Bennet is now editorial page editor of The New York Times.
- The Deal: Anthony Baldo, Jeffrey Kanige, and Claire Poole all leave.
- Consumer Reports: former transportation reporter for Bloomberg News Jeff Plungis joins as a senior automotive reporter.
- National Journal: former managing editor of FDA Week Erin Durkin joins as healthcare policy reporter on October 24. Andrea Drusch moves from hotline reporter to Senate reporter following the election. Adam Wollner becomes defense and foreign policy reporter on congressional team.
- Rheumatology Advisor: editor Kirelle Lakhman, who started in September, leaves.
- Fortune: Dan Primack, venture capital columnist, leaves to join a new media venture led by Jim VandeHei. VandeHei is cofounder and former executive editor of Politico.
- The Associated Press: Sarah Rankin moves to Richmond, VA bureau to take on general assignment and environmental issues. Michael Virtanen moves to Morgantown, WV to cover developments in West Virginia and Appalachia area.
- CRN: former editor-in-chief for Light Reading Phil Harvey joins as news managing editor
- Women’s Health: former senior editor of Motto Robin Hilmantel joins as site director.
- Reuters: Kieran Murray moves from Latin America/Caribbean news editor to Washington bureau chief.
- The Huffington Post: Liz Heron, executive editor, leaves.
- Mic: former national projects editor of The Washington Post Kerry Lauerman joins as executive director of news on October 31.
- San Francisco Chronicle: C. W. Nevius to leave December 2.
- The Globe and Mail: national driving columnist Peter Cheney to retire in November.
- Maisonneuve Magazine: editor-in-chief Daniel Viola to leave after December issue.