Where did they go? Journalists on the move week of November 14By Agility PR Solutions on November 18th, 2016 | 0 Comments
Notable journalist and media industry moves:
MAKE THAT CONNECTION
Learn how our database of over 800,000 contacts in 230 countries can help you find and connect with your ideal influencers.
- Drug Store News: Brian Berk, formerly with EnsembleIQ, joins as managing editor.
- TheStreet.com: Tara Murphy moves from managing editor to editor-in-chief.
- Metro Times (Detroit, MI): Dustin Blitchok, editor-in-chief leaves.
- KOKI-TV (Tulsa, OK): Tina Commodore, previously managing editor at WSB-TV (Atlanta, GA), joins as news director.
- KADN-KLAF-TV (Lafayette, LA): Doug Barden, news director, leaves December 14.
- Cosmopolitan: Sascha de Gersdorff, former deputy editor at Women’s Health, joins as executive editor on December 1.
- VertMarkets: Bob Marshall joins “Med Device Online” as editor-in-chief.
- The New York Times: Jesse Drucker, former investigative reporter at Bloomberg News, joins as reporter on the taxation and corporate finance beat beginning November 28.
- American City Business Journals: ceases operation of “Upstart Business Journal”.
- Crain’s Chicago Business: Craig Newman and Tom Corfman, both assistant managing editors, leave. David Snyder, publisher, to leave at year’s end.
- Bloomberg Digital: Joe Weisenthal moves from managing editor to executive editor of news, but will continue to co-host “What’d You Miss” for Bloomberg TV.
- New York Media: David Haskell, New York magazine deputy editor, moves to editor for business and strategy. Lauren Kern moves to editor for business and strategy for parent company.
- Yahoo Finance: Kevin Burke, former Fox Business Network executive producer of “Lou Dobbs Tonight”, joins as executive producer of live streaming.
- Deseret News (Salt Lake City, UT): managing editor Doug Wilks moves to editor.
- Romper: EJ Dickson, former Mic connections editor, joins as features editor.
- WAMU-FM (Washington, D.C.): Joshua Jonson of KQED-FM (San Francisco, CA) joins as host of new public affairs program “1A”.
- Buzzfeed News: Kate Nocera moves from D.C. managing editor to D.C. bureau chief. Nocera replaces John Stanton, who moves to senior national correspondent. Adrian Carrasquillo moves from political reporter to White House reporter.
- Reuters: Paul Thomasch moves from U.S. elections editor to America’s top news editor. Ed Tobin becomes deputy top news editor. Arlyn Gajilan moves from editor for professional news to deputy managing editor of operations.
- KNTV-TV (San Jose, CA): former executive producer of KGO-TV (San Francisco, CA) Bob Goldberger joins as assistant news director on November 28.
- Bloomberg: Wes Kosova replaces D.C. bureau chief Megan Murphy, who moves to editor of Bloomberg Businessweek. Murphy will replace Ellen Pollock, who leaves alongside Brad Wieners. Bloomberg cancels “With All Due Respect” on December 2. Bloomberg politics managing editors John Heilemann and Mark Halperin will stay on as contributors. Dan Kruger, Michael Aneiro, and 30 other staff members from Asia, Europe, and the U.S. leave.
- Meredith: Liz Vaccariello, former Reader’s Digest editor-in-chief, joins as editor-in-chief of Parents and the Meredith Parents Network.
- The Associated Press: Sally Buzbee moves from Washington bureau chief to executive editor.
- Modern Luxury: Phebe Wahl moves from editor of Atlanta publications to national beauty editor. Lauren Finney, former editor of Lonely Planet, joins as editor-in-chief of The Atlantan and Modern Luxury Interiors Atlanta.
- CNBC: Kate Kelly, Wall Street reporter, leaves.
- VICE Media: teams up with BMO to launch digital platform “VICE Money” under a four-person editorial team based out of Toronto. BMO to run advertising and company-written content on site.
- Toronto Star: Jennifer Quinn becomes senior editor of breaking news/enterprise, while Julie Carl is appointed senior editor of national/urban affairs and social justice in the BBC area. Doug Cudmore becomes BBC senior editor. Mary Vallis becomes senior editor for life, entertainment, and special sections. Marie Sutherland appointed senior news editor. Ariel Teplitsky becomes entertainment editor; she will be responsible for arts, culture, and entertainment on all platforms. Christine Loureiro moves from entertainment editor to deputy editor of digital. Fadi Yaacoub is appointed director of tablet for editorial and will oversee Star Touch team. J.P. Fozo takes on expanded role as executive producer, projects. Jason Paul is appointed news editor, multimedia. Dianne de Fenoyl becomes senior editor of “A” section. Amit Shilton takes on position of weekend planning editor.
- ELLE Canada: promotes Vanessa Craft to editor-in-chief.
- CHEK News: Calvin To joins the weekend news as anchor at CHEK News in Victoria.
- The Globe and Mail: promotes Affran Chowdhry to deputy foreign editor.
- CBC Toronto: Lauren Pelley joins the digital team as online journalist.
- Walrus Magazine: Fatima Syed, fellow, leaves.
- The Athletic: after being laid off from the Toronto Star in September, Sean Fitz-Gerald joins The Athletic as managing editor and feature writer. Kaitlyn McGrath also joins The Athletic as associate editor.