Where did they go? Journalists on the move week of November 7By Agility PR Solutions on November 11th, 2016 | 0 Comments
Notable journalist and media industry moves:
MAKE THAT CONNECTION
Learn how our database of over 800,000 contacts in 230 countries can help you find and connect with your ideal influencers.
- Consumer Reports: former senior editor at Tech Insider Lauren F. Friedman joins as deputy editor of health.
- The New Yorker: Deirdre Foley-Mendelssohn, former executive editor of The California Sunday Magazine, joins as senior editor. Previous senior editor John Bennet retires at end of month.
- The Washington Post: Patrick Reap, formerly chief booker at Bloomberg TV, joins as editorial producer for “Washington Post Live”. Former metro reporter at The New York Times Samantha Schmidt joins as
“Morning Mix” reporter. Avi Selk, formerly of Dallas Morning News, joins as general assignment reporter on December 12.
- Politico: launches Playbook Plus, an online version of Playbook, its franchise newsletter; the enhanced version is co-authored by Anna Palmer, Jake Sherman, and Daniel Lippman.
- Defense Systems: Kris Osborn, former managing editor at Scout Warrior, joins as editor-in-chief.
- The Outline: Christine Werthman, former executive editor at Genius, joins as managing editor. Owen Phillips also joins as staff writer. New website created by Josh Topolsky, co-founder of The Verge, to launch this fall.
- The Wall Street Journal: reporters Mara Gay, Pervaiz Shallwani, Rebecca D. O’Brien, Mike Vilensky, Erica Orden, and Josh Dawsey all depart.
- Teen Vogue: publication will increase digital coverage in 2017, while print will be reduced to quarterly.
- New York: publisher Larry Burstein leaves.
- Martha Stewart Living: Elyse Moddy, former senior associate editor of O, The Oprah Magazine, joins as senior editor.
- The Atlantic: Jane Yong Kim, formerly of The Village Voice, replaces Sophie Gilbert as online culture editor on November 21; Gilbert to become staff writer for the culture section.
- Automotive News: Michael Martinez, formerly with Detroit News, joins on Ford Motor Co. beat.
- WC SH-TV (Portland, ME): former managing editor of WCAU-TV (Philadelphia, PA) Karen Araiza joins as news director. She will also be news director for WLBZ – TV (Bangor, ME).
- KIRO-TV (Seattle, WA): Greg Bilte, formerly with KOKI-TV (Tulsa, OK), replaces Jay O’Connor as VP, general manager; change will occur on December 5 when O’Connor leaves.
- Diabetes Forecast: Kimberly Goad joins as staff writer.
- InStyle: Jessie Heyman, former Vogue deputy culture editor, joins as digital features director.
- Time Magazine: Julia Ryan moves from associate audience strategy editor to senior audience strategy editor.
- San Francisco Business Times: Kevin Truong joins as multimedia producer.
- KYW-TV (Philadelphia, PA): Justin Finch, reporter, leaves.