Notable journalist and media industry moves:
- Washington Post: Promotes immigration reporter Pam Constable to Afghanistan and Pakistan bureau chief, to be based in Islamabad. Her predecessor, Tim Craig, has taken a Knight-Bagehot Fellowship at Columbia University.
- Bay Area News Group: Hires Neil Chase as executive editor at Bay Area News Group, to oversee The Mercury News and East Bay Times (which includes Contra Costa Times and the Oakland Tribune), among other media properties. Effective May 2.
- Fox News: Promotes Jay Wallace to executive VP of news and editorial at Fox News, to replace Michael Clemente, who moves to a new business unit producing feature stories. The new unit will include editor-at-large Peter Boyer, along with executive producers Pamela Browne and Martin Hindon.
- Wall Street Journal: Hires former Modern Healthcare bureau chief Melanie Evans as hospital reporter.
- Newsweek: Hires Re/code founding editor Kenneth Li as managing editor, to replace Kira Bindrim (who moves to Quartz’s talent lab).
- New York Magazine: Hires Thrillist staff writer Anna Silman as “The Cut” culture writer.
- CBC News: Announces it has hired Steve Ladurantaye, Head of News and Government at Twitter Canada, as Managing Editor of Digital News, effective May 9.
Looking for more up-to-date journalist information? Check out MediaMiser’s media database.