Notable journalist and media industry moves:
- Politico: Hires Miami Herald’s education reporter, Michael Vasquez, as education editor. Former senior editor at The New Republic, Julia Loffe, moves to Politico and will focus on the 2016 elections.
- Las Vegas Review-Journal: Deputy editor James Wright, features editor Stephanie Grimes and columnist John L. Smith leave the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
- The Washington Post: Promotes Swati Sharma to deputy editor on the general assignment news desk, effective June 6.
- Sacramento Business Journal: Hires Growth Capital Investor senior editor Adam Steinhauer as editor, replacing Jack Robinson.
- Business Insider: Promotes West Coast Bureau chief Matt Rosoff to executive editor overseeing technology, science and entertainment coverage. Mo Hadi shifts to executive editor overseeing coverage of global markets, finance, retail, transportation and general business. Brett LoGiurato moves to executive editor overseeing news, politics, military, sports and front-page coverage. Sara Silverstein moves to executive editor overseeing strategy, lists and video coverage. Lyndsay Hemphill and Leah Goldman move to managing editors from assistant managing editors. Matt Turner shifts from finance editor to deputy editor overseeing finance and markets coverage. Senior editor Ashley Lutz moves to deputy editor overseeing retail, transportation, and executive lifestyle coverage. Steven Tweedie moves from technology editor to deputy editor over technology, science, and entertainment teams in New York. Alexi Oreskovic shifts to deputy editor overseeing technology, science and entertainment teams in San Francisco. Devan Joseph and Jessica Orwig move to senior video producers. Amanda Macias moves to senior editor for defence and visual news. Christina Sterbenz shifts to weekend and features editor, as well as overseeing education coverage. Harrison Jacobs becomes senior news editor. Bryan Logan moves to evening news editor. Jonathan Garber shifts from associate syndication editor to markets editor.
- Tech Insider: Hires Business Insider deputy editor Alyson Shontell, as the executive editor of Tech Insider.
- Family Circle: Hires Zoe Roscoe, former fashion assistant at O, The Oprah Magazine, as associate fashion and beauty editor.
- Washington Examiner: Launches “Jamie McIntyre’s Daily on Defense”, an e-newsletter that covers defence and national security topics. Contributions are from senior writer Jamie McIntyre and national security writer Jacqueline Klimas.
- The New Yorker: Hires markets reporter Melvin Backman from Quartz as a fact checker.
- Elle: Deputy online editor Ruthie Friedlander leaves.
- The Tampa Tribune: The Tampa Bay Times acquires the Tampa Tribune. The Tribune’s TBO.com website will be retained by the new owners, but is temporarily redirecting to the Times website.
Looking for more up-to-date journalist information? Check out Agility PR Solutions’ media database.