Notable journalist and media industry moves:
- The Indianapolis Star: columnist Leslie Bailey of the “Adventuress” leaves.
- Bloomberg Businessweek: former Flare editor-in-chief Miranda Purves onboards as features editor.
- International Business Times: Thomson Reuters regional editor Dayan Candappa onboards as global editor-in-chief, and replaces Peter Goodman who moves to The New York Times.
- Philadelphia Magazine: freelancer Fabiola Cineas joins as business editor.
- KSL-TV/Salt Lake City: hires KPHO-TV/Phoenix executive director of news Leona Wood as news director.
- Fortune: Inc. senior staff writer Jeremy Quittner joins as senior writer for the publication’s new “Venture” vertical, covering entrepreneurs.
- The Washington Post: executive director Dana Bowen from Rachel Ray Every Day joins as the same. Claire Sullivan from Martha Stewart Living joins as editorial assistant.
- Puget Sound Business Journal: managing editor Emily Parkhurst upshifts to editor, and replaces Rob Smith who left the publication on May 9. Manufacturing reporter Steve Wilhelm will leave effective May 31.
- The Root: Associate editor Danielle Belton moves to managing editor.
- Martha Stewart Weddings: freelancer Laura Wallis joins as executive editor.
- Houston Chronicle: Chicago Tribune web producer, Brian Rausch, joins as digital business producer, effective June 6.
- NBC News: onboards WMAQ-TV-Chicago investigative reporter Tammy Leitner as correspondent.
- The Huffington Post: Breitbart News reporter Michelle Fields joins as a reporter and will cover the Donald Trump campaign.
- KXTV-TV-Sacramento: Jerome Parra, news director, leaves the station.
Looking for more up-to-date journalist information? Check out MediaMiser’s media database.