- AOR relationship focused on increasing Banza’s brand awareness and bringing its mission to life with storytelling that elevates the health and environmental benefits of chickpeas.
- Selection of Confidant follows an RFP in late 2020 as well as the hiring of Banza Marketing Communications Manager Nicole McNey in October 2020.
- Last year was a pivotal year for Banza. Between better-for-you category momentum, the launch of Banza Pizza and the recent excitement around chickpeas as a staple ingredient, Banza sought out a long-term agency partner to help them tell their brand story in more impactful ways.
Banza, founded by brothers Brian and Scott Rudolph, reimagines our most beloved comfort foods, like pasta, pizza, mac & cheese, and rice, using chickpeas.
- Since launching in 2014, Banza has expanded to over 15,000 stores nationwide.
- In 2020, the chickpea pasta category grew 75%. Banza alone accounts for 70% of that growth and is both the #1 and fastest-growing brand in the category.
- In fact, Banza Pasta is driving more growth in the total pasta category than any other pasta brand (BFY or traditional) this year.
- Banza Pizza, the first chickpea-based frozen pizza, launched in October 2020. It’s been flying off the shelves faster than any other pizza crust. Banza has sold one pizza every minute since launch.
Confidant is a creative and strategic communications agency bringing deep and authentic stories to life in owned, earned and paid media.