Duffy & Shanley delivered New England’s best public relations campaign of 2018, as awarded by the PR Club of New England.
Duffy & Shanley earned the “Platinum Super Bell,” recognizing the year’s best overall communications campaign, at the PR Club’s 51st Annual Bell Ringer Awards. The Bell Ringer Awards showcase the work of public relations and communications professionals from dozens of agencies, companies and nonprofits from across the region.
The agency earned PR Club’s top honor for its work on Dunkin’s Rhode Island Iced Coffee Day fundraiser to support Hasbro Children’s Hospital. The cause marketing campaign, which featured traditional media relations, influencer relations, social media, broadcast advertising, digital videos and more than two dozen special events across the state, married Iced Coffee Day with the iconic local tradition known as “Good Night Lights.”
Good Night Lights, launched by the hospital’s resident cartoonist Steve Brosnihan, is a nightly tradition by which Rhode Islanders shine flashlights toward Hasbro Children’s Hospital to “let the kids know we’re thinking of them.”
In addition to the Platinum Super Bell, Duffy & Shanley took home seven industry excellence awards.
The full list of agency honors includes:
- Platinum Super Bell and Gold Bell Award – Cause Marketing for Dunkin’ Iced Coffee Day, featuring Good Night Lights
- Gold Bell Award – Investor Relations for College Ave Student Loans
- Silver Bell Award – Special Event Series for Dunkin’ Iced Coffee Day
- Bronze Bell Award – One Time Special Event for Dunkin’ Espresso Launch
- Bronze Bell Award – Digital Video for Dunkin’ Iced Coffee Day
- Merit Award – Response to Breaking News for Navigant Credit Union
- Merit Award – One-Time Special Event for Dunkin’ Iced Coffee Day
“We’re so proud of our incredible team for earning New England’s top PR award,” said Jon Duffy, President, Duffy & Shanley. “It’s all the more special to be recognized for a campaign that supports such an important local cause, benefitting the patients and families at Hasbro Children’s Hospital. We put our heart into this campaign, and earning this award is a tremendous validation of the talent and dedication of our team.”
The Bell Ringer Awards recognize excellence in public relations work, from creative planning to achieving and exceeding predetermined goals on behalf of clients. The awards are sponsored by The PR Club of New England, the region’s leading networking and professional development organization.