French/West/Vaughan (FWV), one of the nation’s 20 largest independently held public relations and integrated marketing agencies, has earned a reputation for being ahead of the curve when it comes to the next big thing, and influencer marketing is no exception. As influencer marketing has evolved into an integral function for many brands, FWV’s influencer practice has kept pace, most recently expanding to include new campaigns on behalf of numerous clients.
The agency’s extensive expertise in effectively leveraging influencer partnerships has proven to accelerate growth among new audiences, directly yielding demonstrable ROI. For each individualized campaign, influencers are strategically selected based on metrics including engagement rate, follower count and audience demographics, as well as their effectiveness in telling their own unique and authentic stories.
“Influencer marketing has proven to be an extremely effective tool in our marketing toolbox,” said Megan French Calderone, influencer and experiential marketing director for FWV. “From changing consumer behavior to encouraging pet adoption to driving sales and more, our strategically planned and executed influencer campaigns move the needle for our clients.”
Recent FWV influencer marketing campaigns include:
- One Medical, a membership-based primary care organization with offices in 125+ cities across the U.S., tapped FWV to lead its entry into the North Carolina market with offices in Raleigh, Durham and Cary. Following an initial kickoff meet and greet attended by local media and community tastemakers, the agency utilized local influencers to maintain buzz for the new offices by curating authentic content featuring their own personal experience with One Medical services and care. The launch program was deemed by the client as one the most successful of the 2021 One Medical office openings.
- FWV recently launched its “Recharge” campaign on behalf of Pets Add Life (PAL), the initiative of the American Pet Products Association dedicated to promoting the joys and benefits of pet ownership. As part of the campaign, PAL was a supporting partner of Bark at the Park Major League Baseball events over the summer. To promote the events, which help save lives by promoting pet adoption across the country and highlighting the many benefits of sharing life with a pet, FWV invited local influencers and their dogs to attend select games and share their experience with their followers.
- Recent work for the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) includes influencer campaigns for three NCDOT initiatives: Click It or Ticket, Booze It & Lose It and NC By Train. For Click It or Ticket, we partnered with young N.C.-based influencers in both urban and rural demographics on Instagram and TikTok to encourage their followers to buckle up. We utilized a mix of lifestyle and food influencers to remind people not to drink and drive around the July Fourth holiday and other summer celebrations as part of the Booze It & Lose It campaign. To increase awareness for NC By Train, which promotes Amtrak train travel, FWV worked with influencers on Instagram and TikTok to showcase in-state itineraries, highlighting that exploring the state by train is convenient, affordable, comfortable and environmentally friendly.
- The agency partnered with a diverse group of influencers for Houdini Sportswear’s #WearYourStories campaign. The influencers educated their followers on Houdini’s mission, sustainability efforts and benefits of the brand’s popular Houdi line. Content featured the influencers wearing their Houdis while hiking, biking, climbing, birding, camping, skiing, slacklining, creating art and more.
- In August, FWV client Quest Diagnostics teamed up with Bond Community Health Center and former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Florida State University running back and philanthropist, Warrick Dunn, to host the first Tackle Your Testing Tailgate with family friendly activities, and access to no-cost diagnostic testing and education about the importance of proactive and regular tests. The agency worked with Quest to identify Dunn as the campaign ambassador, as well as coordinated event appearances and media interviews. The results saw hundreds of people attend the community-wide celebration and receive diagnostic testing.
Ongoing influencer work spans an even wider variety of agency clients, including Bordallo Pinheiro, Case Knives, ökocat, Pendleton Whisky, Vista Alegre, the Wilmington and Beaches Convention & Visitors Bureau and others. To see more of our influencer work, follow us on our social channels for a monthly influencer roundup and subscribe to our eNewsletter, the FWV FYI.
French/West/Vaughan (FWV) is one of the nation’s leading public relations, public affairs, advertising and digital media agencies. National, international and local clients represented by the agency include Wrangler, ABB, Proximo, Melitta, Volvo Trucks North America, Teen Cancer America and the N.C. Department of Transportation. Owned or affiliated companies include fashion and lifestyle PR firm AMP3 (New York City); pet and animal health practice FWV Fetching; active lifestyle, outdoor, ski, fashion, technology and travel PR and consumer brand marketing agency CGPR (Greater Boston) and feature film development imprint Prix Productions. FWV is a partner in IPREX, a $380 million network of communication agencies with 1,600 staff and 110 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit fwv-us.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vimeo, or Instagram.