Maine Ad + Design (MADE) recently hosted its biennial Broderson Awards ceremony honoring creative excellence in Maine. The event—named after local radio and advertising legend Dick Broderson—has been showcasing Maine’s best and imaginative work for more than 35 years. More than 300 people attended the event at the University of New England’s Innovation Hall in Portland.
Winners were chosen by the Portland (Oregon) Advertising Federation from a selection of over 250 submissions by over 40 companies. Twenty-seven categories and subcategories were recognized, including best “Brand Identity,” “Digital Video,” “Pitched and Ditched” and the Cumberland award, which recognized projects completed on a small budget.
“This year’s entries were special,” said Colleen Craig, president of Maine Ad + Design. “As the industry continues to evolve and our organization heads into a new era, we’re proud to again be hosting an event that both honors tradition and highlights the future growth potential for Maine’s entire creative economy.”
Several notable award winners include:
- Best in Show (Corporate or Brand Identity): Maine Ad + Design (MADE)
- Annual Reports, Brochures and Corporate Collateral: University of New England
- Digital Video: L. Bean
- Integrated Marketing: Studio Linear
- Lifetime Achievement: VIA Founder John Coleman
- Package Design: Hugh McCormick Design Co.
- Student Work: Kristen DeVico, Ann Finkel, Bria Hughes, Ozi Ozbicerler, and Kiana Thayer.
The entirety of winning work can be found here.