Mindshare was given the accolade for its industry leading work and also for winning 16 awards in the Global MMA SMARTIES Awards making it the most awarded agency after picking up awards across categories and clients. Mindshare won 3 Gold (from China, Australia and Canada), 6 Silver and 7 Bronze awards. (see full list below). Mindshare North America also won in the North America SMARTIES, announced simultaneously, with three awards across the categories of Voice, Messaging, and Marketing within a Mobile Gaming Environment.
The Global and North America MMA SMARTIES awards added to the agency’s growing collection this year, including: 2 in the Latin America SMARTIES (2 Bronze); 14 in the India SMARTIES (4 Gold, 5 Silver, 5 Bronze) and 6 in the China SMARTIES (Grand Prix, 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 1 Bronze). Mindshare is also shortlisted for a further 17 EMEA SMARTIES, 4 South African SMARTIES and 32 Indonesian SMARTIES, all of which competitions will be awarded later this year.
The Agency of the Year accolade was awarded by the MMA for Mindshare’s continuing excellence in all aspects of mobile marketing, bringing deep understanding on how mobile sits at the centre of the most effective customer experiences and driving great business results for clients. It comes after Mindshare was also ranked as the number one global agency network and number one media agency in the MMA SMARTIES Business Impact Index in April. The Index is the first and only global mobile marketing index that identifies, ranks and awards top agencies, advertisers, brands and technology enablers driving significant business impact through mobile-first campaigns.
Speaking about Mindshare’s achievements, Sheryl Daija, Chief Strategy Officer, MMA, said: “We would like to offer a big MMA congratulation to all the Smarties winners for being courageous and taking risks. All our industry award winners are the innovators and disruptors who are leading and growing the mobile marketing industry.”
Nick Emery, Global CEO Mindshare, said: “We’re really pleased, thank you MMA – we love winning and any modern agency needs to be at the top of their game with all things mobile.”
Mindshare has spearheaded a number of different programs and research initiatives to push the boundaries of media and emerging technologies this year. One of these is the Media Dystopia series that imagines the fate of media based on the emerging trends of today, featuring hypotheses and provocations for the future of marketing – with more episodes to come. Another is the launch of the first phase of the agency’s blockchain pilot on the Zilliqa platform, testing the use of blockchain technology in advertising.
Mindshare MMA Global SMARTIES Winners:
- Brand Awareness — BRONZE: Doritos and Mindshare China for “Beating the Unbeatable”
- Product / Services Launch — BRONZE: Rexona and Mindshare Indonesia for”Rexona Movement For Movement”
- Social Impact / Not For Profit — SILVER: Mirinda and Mindshare India for “Breaking the deafening silence – Mirinda Release the Pressure”
- Cross Media — SILVER: Doritos and Mindshare China for “Beating the Unbeatable”
Cross Media — BRONZE: Rexona and Mindshare Indonesia for “Rexona Movement For Movement”
- Cross Mobile Integration Cross Media — SILVER: Uniqlo and Mindshare China for “Top Gifting Choice”
- Marketing within a Mobile Gaming Environment — GOLD: KFC and Mindshare China for “Turning KFC into gamer’s playground”
- Messaging — BRONZE: Pepsodent White and Mindshare for “Pepsodent Nightbrushing via Storytelling”
- Mobile Social — GOLD: Foxtel and Mindshare Australia for “The Wentworth Rat”
Mobile Social — SILVER: Aditya Birla Capital Health Insurance and Mindshare India for “#JumpForHealth”
Mobile Social — BRONZE: Uniqlo and Mindshare China for “Top Gifting Choice”
- Location Based Services or Targeting — SILVER: Uniqlo and Mindshare China for “Hijacking the Largest Shopping Festival in the World”
Location Based Services or Targeting — SILVER: KFC and Mindshare China for “Turning KFC into gamer’s playground”
Location Based Services or Targeting — BRONZE: Uniqlo and Mindshare China for “Top Gifting Choice”
- Mobile Video — BRONZE: Nestle Indonesia “DANCOW Advanced Excelnutri+”and Mindshare Indonesia for “DANCOW Advanced Excelnutri+ “Iya Boleh 2.0″”
- VR/AR — GOLD: Ford and Mindshare Canada for “Ford EcoSport: In-Car AR”
Mindshare MMA North America SMARTIES Winners:
- Marketing within a Mobile Gaming Environment — BRONZE: Tyson, Mindshare, and Twitch for “Tyson Game Day”
- Messaging — BRONZE: Forevermark and Mindshare for “Forevermark Chatbot”
- Voice — SILVER: Hellmann’s / Best Foods and Mindshare for “Hellmann’s Best Food Recipes”