The Public Relations Society of America San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF), one of the five founding PRSA chapters, has announced the launch of its second annual awards program, The Foggies, with four new categories. The chapter awards recognize the San Francisco Bay Area’s best public relations and communications programs and the brightest professionals who bring them to life.
Open to all public relations professionals in the San Francisco Bay Area, PRSA members and non-members alike, the call for entries runs through September 15, 2020.
The Foggies are open to public relations and communications professionals from agencies, consultancies, in-house teams, and nonprofits. Materials for consideration must have been completed between June 1, 2019 to May 30, 2020.
Categories are as follows:
- Small Agency of the Year (1-20 employees) – This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with less than 20 employees.
- NEW: Mid Sized Agency of the Year (20 – 49 employees) – This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with 20 to 49 employees.
- Large Agency of the Year (50+ employees) – This award celebrates the accomplishments of a PR agency with 50 or more employees.
- Best In-House PR team of the Year – This award celebrates the accomplishments of an in-house PR team.
- Rising Star of the Year (1-5 years of experience) – This award celebrates the accomplishments of a rising star in the public relations profession. It recognizes the spirit of the next generation of leaders and awards a young professional with less than five (5) years of experience.
- Professional of the Year (5+ years of experience) – This award honors the accomplishments of one exceptional public relations professional, recognizing professional achievements and activities that have advanced the profession and the practice during the year.
- Diversity & Inclusion Campaign of the Year – This award celebrates a PR campaign that demonstrates key values in diversity and inclusion.
- Campaign of the Year– This award celebrates the best public relations campaign from the past year.
- NEW: Crisis Communications Campaign of the Year – This award celebrates the top comprehensive crisis communications plan over the past year. For the 2020 submissions, we are looking for non-COVID-19 communications in this category. Please submit COVID-19 related programs under the Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award category.
- NEW: Standout Tactic of the Year – This award celebrates a single tactic that rose above the rest.
- NEW: Corporate Social Responsibility Honor Award– This award recognizes the top corporate social responsibility communications plans, tactics, programs and/or campaigns for a specific widespread issue. In 2020, we are recognizing efforts related to COVID-19 communications.
“We are living and working in chaotic, unprecedented times,” said chapter president,Jenna Watson Gudgel. “With the increased uncertainty, it’s more important than ever to celebrate the good and acknowledge our peers who have persevered and done exceptional work. We chose to continue our annual awards program this year to keep the positive recognition going. We hope you’ll join us and nominate your team or campaign.”
Exemplary work and individuals will be celebrated at an awards ceremony in October, either virtually or in-person. Any parties interested in sponsoring the awards ceremony should email email@example.com.