As social purpose becomes critical to long-term organizational success, the Purpose Collaborative—the world’s first network of purpose-at-the-center agencies and subject matter experts—celebrates its third anniversary. Spanning five continents, the Purpose Collaborative now harnesses the mindshare of more than 400 professionals at 38 member organizations.
“I founded the Purpose Collaborative as a flexible new model for superb, breakthrough social purpose work. From day one, we have sought to evolve our network and capabilities, and redefine the field of social purpose and what it means to be a leading practitioner developing disruptive solutions that other agency models are not structured to deliver,” said Carol Cone, CEO of Carol Cone ON PURPOSE and Chair, Purpose Collaborative.
Highlights from the past year include:
- Well over $100 million in total billings, including more than $5 million in revenue generated through 25+ cross-collaborative member project
- Welcoming 8 new members and expansion to 10 global markets, including presence in Asia, Europe, Latin America, and Australia
- Launch of Purpose 360, a podcast illuminating social purpose as a high-impact business strategy
- 30+ collective awards, including an Emmy Award (Parallax Productions), Time MagazineBest Inventions of 2018 (Carol Cone ON PURPOSE), B Lab Best for the World honoree (Pearl Consulting), Shorty Social Good Award (BBMG), and recognition on the Environmental Finance Voluntary Carbon Market Rankings (South Pole).
- Representation (including speaking, moderation, judging) at dozens of convenings around the world, including the Arthur Page Society, Consumer Electronics Show, Social Innovation Summit, Sustainable Brands, SXSW, United Nations Climate Week, and many more.
- Release of new breakthrough industry research, including enso’s World Value Index and Catalist’s Issue Revolution Study.
“This group is a game changer, filling multiple gaps in the purpose and impact eco-system,” said Gillian Pearl, CEO at Pearl Consulting. “It provides us with a community of values-aligned, purpose-driven peers dedicated to creating a better world for all and allows us to offer our clients a range of services beyond our core competencies, from brand and creative to design, digital, production and more.”