Notable journalist and media industry moves:
- Mashable: Jason Abbruzzese moves up from business reporter to business editor, replacing the outgoing Heidi Moore.
- Fox Business Network: Tech reporter Jo Ling Kent is moving on. Destination as of now is unknown.
- American Banker: Welcomes Allison Prang, who formerly covered tech and tourism at The Post & Courier, as its new community bank reporter, effective June 1.
- The News & Observer: Pressley Baird is hired as the editor of College Town, a new site serving students of UNC, NC State, North Carolina Central, and Duke.
- Los Angeles Times: Erstwhile image editor Marques Harper is appointed new fashion editor.
- New England Center for Investigative Reporting: Burt Glass becomes the NECIR’s executive director, effective July 1, moving on from his role as same at the Center for Investigative Reporting in California.
- Vanity Fair: Hires former MSNBC producer Eric Leffler as executive producer of video.
- Men’s Journal: Lures away Men’s Health senior editor Clint Carter and appoints him as its own senior editor.
- CNNMoney: Senior multiplatform editor Leezel Tanglao is promoted to assistant managing editor of programming.
- TheKnot.com: Makes Esther Lee, of Us Weekly staff editor fame, its new senior news editor.
Looking for more up-to-date journalist information? Check out MediaMiser’s media database.