As the competition to attract consumer attention intensifies, more businesses and organizations are turning to text messaging for its unrivaled 98 percent open rate and fast response times—most texts being read within 15 minutes of receipt. New research from text marketing platform EZ Texting affirms that text is a highly versatile business tool that powers everything from promotions and loyalty programs to emergency alerts and appointment reminders.
The results of the firm’s new survey, highlighted in its newly released 2022 Consumer Texting Behavior study, reveal that text messaging has only gained in popularity since EZ Texting last conducted this survey in 2021, with more consumers than ever preferring the speed and convenience of text messaging to other channels.
Highlights from the survey:
- What ONE emotional reaction do consumers have above all others when receiving a new text? It’s not what you think.
- What are the TOP 3 reasons consumers choose to unsubscribe from text lists?
- What message types have THE MOST TEXT APPEAL for consumers?
- How many texts and emails do consumers receive DAILY, WEEKLY, MONTHLY?
- How quickly do consumers READ and RESPOND to a new text vs a new email?
The 2022 Consumer Texting Behavior Report was conducted by EZ Texting to measure consumer attitudes, behaviors, and preferences with respect to text messaging.
The survey was conducted online through an independent market research panel provider in January 2022. The 3,095 participants, who remained anonymous, were qualified based on their location and ownership of a mobile phone for personal use.
- Time Frame: January 25 – 29, 2022
Margin of Error: 2%