Effective Date: August 12, 2022
This Privacy Notice for California Residents supplements the information contained in our Website Privacy Statement above and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
Our Web Sites collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Our Web Sites have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Eg. Real name, email address, phone number, postal address, Internet Protocol (IP) address, social media handle, other similar identifiers
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
Eg. Name, address, telephone number, employment, employment history, education
Eg. Products or services considered
Internet or other similar network activity
Eg. Browsing history
Professional or employment-related information
Eg. Current or past job titles and employers
Inferences drawn from the other personal information
Eg. Profile reflecting a person’s professional preferences
Our Web Sites obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our Web Sites.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Web Sites; from publicly available sources.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- As part of the subscription process to our services, to provide our services to you, to personalize your experience with us, to keep you informed of our products and services that may be of interest to you, and to reach you when necessary regarding issues concerning your use of our services.
- For information technology support, to administer our services, and to gather demographic information.
- To respond to a lawful request by public authorities, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Under a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
- In connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event (in this case, personal information may be a part of assets transferred from our company to the acquiring company.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- With respect to personal information of media professionals, journalists, editorial staff, media production staff, bloggers, twitterers, and social media commentators and other key influencers (“journalists”), for the legitimate interests of providing our products and services to third parties, which include media monitoring analysis and press release targeting.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or sell your personal information, subject to your right to opt-out of those sales.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Identifiers; commercial information; professional and employment related data; inferences drawn from the other personal information; internet activity information.
Sales of Personal Information
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Company sold the following categories of personal information:
Identifiers of journalists; professional and employment related data of journalists; inferences drawn from other personal information of journalists.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information subject to a verifiable consumer request. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access/Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. We may disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Right to Access, Right to Know and Right to Deletion
To exercise your Right to Access, Right to Know or your Right to Deletion, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-866-545-3745; or
- Emailing us at Iegal@agilitypr.com; or
- Writing to us at Agility PR Solutions LLC, Attention Legal Department, 55 Challenger Road, Suite 202, Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660.
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We are only obligated to respond to a verified consumer request twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We will not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is at least 13 but not yet 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Web Sites and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Web Sites following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information as above, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us as follows:
- Phone: 1-866-545-3745
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Address: Agility PR Solutions, LLC Attention: Legal Department 55 Challenger Road, Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660.