It started with teaching students at more than 50 universities how to break the rules.
Arts, humanities and social sciences publisher Routledge has released “Invention in PR,” Adam Ritchie’s guide to putting PR in charge of product and service development, in full-color illustrated paperback and Kindle format.
Advance press reviews said:
- “Adam Ritchie’s ‘Invention in PR’ gives you a jump-start to stimulating creativity and coming up with inventive activations that make audiences care.” (PRWeek Editorial Director Steve Barrett)
- “By putting invention at the top of PR’s to-do list, Adam Ritchie has fundamentally flipped the industry’s charge.” (PRovoke Senior Reporter Diana Marszalek)
- “This book is not like other PR books because Adam Ritchie is a realist, and his ideas about PR are unconventional and evolutionary.” (PR News Editor Seth Arenstein)
- “In example after award-winning example, Adam Ritchie offers a fresh perspective on creative PR work, where communicators are in the driver’s seat.” (PR Daily Editor Ted Kitterman)
- “This book is filled with wonderful examples of true creativity and ingenuity which truly define PR success in the modern era.” (Bulldog Reporter Editor Richard Carufel)
- “Once you read this book, it is impossible to think about PR in the same way ever again.” (The Drum Managing Director of Events Lynn Lester)
The book is an extension of Ritchie’s “Invention in PR” speaking tour, which set out to change the way a generation of PR pros considers its craft. As Ritchie taught students and professionals at the communications field’s largest conferences and most respected institutions, more than half of surveyed educators said they observed a direct impact on their students’ subsequent work.
The tour won the “Thought Leadership in PR” and “Best Agency Disruption” categories in the PRovoke SABRE Awards and Innovation SABRE Awards, and “Best Thought Leadership Campaign” in the Bulldog PR Awards.
A launch event will be held on August 24 at Boston’s Aeronaut Allston outdoor beer garden, from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
PR pros can learn about the Invention-first approach at InventionInPR.com and follow the conversation on all social channels at #InventionInPR.
About Adam Ritchie
Adam founded Adam Ritchie Brand Direction in 2007. He advocates for public relations to drive product development, and seeks to reshape perceptions and the practice of PR from its past as an organization’s mouthpiece to its future as an organization’s creative engine.
About Adam Ritchie Brand Direction
Adam Ritchie Brand Direction uses PR to invent and transform. It serves clients on four continents and brings out the best in brands by helping them grow, communicate and make the right moves. For more, visit aritchbrand.com.