French/West/Vaughan (FWV), one of the nation’s largest independently-owned public relations, advertising and digital marketing agencies, added to its trophy case last night by winning 15 American Advertising Awards at the 2020 American Advertising Gala hosted by the Triangle AdFed, a chapter of the American Advertising Federation (AAF). FWV took home the top honor of the night – Best of Show – for work with longtime client, Wrangler, on its “Legends” integrated campaign, as well as a Judge’s Choice Award for work done on behalf of Pendleton Whisky and its “Code of the West” campaign.
“The American Advertising Awards have been shining a spotlight on the best work in the advertising industry for nearly three decades,” said FWV Chairman & CEO Rick French. “We are beyond honored to be recognized by a program with such a prestigious legacy and to be in the company of some of the most breakthrough creative out there today.”
In addition to Best of Show and Judge’s Choice, FWV also received the following awards:
- Pendleton Whisky: “Code of the West” – Integrated Campaign
- Pendleton Whisky: “Code of the West” – Coasters
- Wrangler | Legends – Integrated Campaign
- Wrangler | Legends – Branded Content Campaign
- Wrangler | Legends: “Cowboys of NY” – Branded Content Single
- LS Tractor: “Diane” – Photography Single
- Wrangler | Legends: “Call of the Wind” – Branded Content Single
- Wrangler | Legends: “Cowboys of NY” – Photography Series
- Pendleton Whisky: “Code of the West” – Social Media Campaign
- Pendleton Whisky: “Code of the West” – Illustration Series
- LS Tractor: “What’s It About For You?” – Integrated Campaign
- Pendleton Whisky: “Code of the West” – Campaign Microsite
- French|West|Vaughan: Website – Online Self-Promotion
The American Advertising Awards is the advertising industry’s largest and most representative competition, attracting nearly than 35,000 entries every year in local AAF Club (Ad Club) competitions. The competition’s mission is to recognize and reward the creative spirit of excellence in the art of advertising.
Conducted annually by the AAF, the local awards ceremony is the first of a three-tier, national competition. All gold winners at the local level automatically advance to one of 15 district competitions. District winners are then advanced to the third tier – the national stage of the American Advertising Awards.
“Creativity is at the heart of all that we do at FWV,” added FWV Creative Director John Moore. “It is gratifying to be recognized for our team’s creativity and the work we do each and every day on behalf of an amazing roster of clients.”
Headquartered in Raleigh, FWV has offices in New York, Tampa, Los Angeles and the Greater Boston area. Since its founding in 1997, FWV has amassed more than 1,000 PR, advertising and digital marketing awards on behalf of a blue-chip client roster and has now been named National Agency of the Year 20 times.