GCI Health has announced a significant expansion of its digital practice to meet the continued and increasing client demand for advanced, integrated digital solutions, including Web 3.0 and immersive experiences. In recent months, the agency has welcomed top-tier talent and broadened the scope of senior leadership roles. New appointments and promotions include:
• Jess Vanner joins GCI Health as Group Senior Vice President, Paid Media. Vanner is responsible for expanding the agency’s paid media offering, growing its team, accelerating platform partnerships and increasing integrated media activations for innovative client progress and growth. Vanner joins GCI Health after more than 11 years at Real Chemistry, where she established the social media team and led paid media.
• Joe Malunda joins GCI Health as Group Senior Vice President, U.S. Digital Team and Operations Lead. Malunda will partner with account teams to lead operations across the digital practice. With a master’s degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine, Malunda’s medical and clinical background shapes his approach to provider education and engagement. He specializes in how digital and social media can democratize healthcare information and access to improve patient outcomes. Malunda joins GCI Health from Edelman, where he led the agency’s digital health practice in the West and was the global digital lead for several Fortune 150 companies.
• Matthew Graffeo has been promoted to the new role of Executive Vice President, Global Head of Digital. As the agency’s global network and portfolio of global work expand, Graffeo will harness his experience in international digital work to bring innovation to GCI Health clients around the world.
• They have promoted Kristin Ryan to Executive Vice President, U.S. Head of Digital Innovation. In her expanded role, Ryan will spearhead GCI Health’s new digital innovation offering. Ryan will lead a team focused on creating custom digital experiences for clients across the immersion spectrum, including Web 3.0, augmented reality extensions and virtual reality simulations.
• Michael Cree has been elevated to Group Senior Vice President, Head of Global Influencer. In his role, Michael will serve as the strategy and operations lead of the rapidly growing GCI Health global influencer offering. Cree will help grow agency capability across markets, construct new approaches to observe regional legal and regulatory considerations and continue to provide senior counsel to clients and teams.
“As healthcare organizations look to embrace the full potential of digital communications for their brand and corporate storytelling, it’s imperative that our capabilities continue to grow and evolve,” said Kristin Cahill, Global CEO, GCI Group. “With decades of experience in digital health and a passion for forging new ground in highly regulated spaces, Jess, Joe, Matt, Kristin and Michael are the perfect team to lead clients into the future of health communications.”
About GCI Health
GCI Health is one of the most highly recognized global integrated healthcare communications agencies in the world, with recent industry honors including being named PRWeek Global International Agency of the Year (2021), MM+M PR Agency of the Year (2021), PRovoke Media Global Healthcare PR Agency of the Year (2020), PRovoke Media Agency of the Decade (2020) and several global “Best Place to Work For” awards. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.