Havas PR, part of the Havas global network and one of Pittsburgh’s top PR agencies, received 14 awards at PRSA Pittsburgh’s 2019 Renaissance Awards—the annual event spotlighting the region’s best in communications campaigns, tactics and practitioners. Havas PR took home 11 Renaissance Awards and one Award of Merit. Additionally, two Havas PR professionals won individual awards for the 2019 PRSA Member of the Year and coveted Hall of Fame Award. The ceremony took place at the Senator John Heinz History Center on January 31.
Havas PR won 12 awards for these five client organizations:
- International Play Equipment Manufacturers Association (IPEMA)—Award of Merit for the “Make Room for Recess” entry in the Media Relations category.
- MilliporeSigma—Two Renaissance Awards for the “Curiosity Cube™ Ignites Scientific Passion” entry in the Reputation Management and Media Relations categories.
- Scene75—One Renaissance Award for the “Driving Buzz for Scene75’s Pittsburgh Opening” entry in the Media Relations category.
- Shadow Mountain Publishing—One Renaissance Award for the “Turn the Page for ‘Unshattered’” entry in the Media Relations category.
- Transitions Optical—Three Renaissance Awards in the B2B Campaign category for the “Adapting to Younger Eyes,” “Transitions PRO Instagram Launch” and “Transitions Style Colors and Style Mirrors Product Launch” entries; one Renaissance Award for the “Adapting to Younger Eyes” entry in the Influencer Relations category; one Renaissance Award for the “Transitions Style Colors & Style Mirrors Product Launch” entry in the New Products & Services Communications category; one Renaissance Award for the “Transitions PRO Instagram Launch” entry in the Social Media Campaign category and one Renaissance Award for the “Transitions Style Collection Guide” entry in the Tactics: Written Content category.
In addition to these prestigious awards, Courtney Myers, senior vice president, was honored this year with the 2019 Renaissance Hall of Fame Award for her contributions, talent and dedication to the industry over the past 20+ years. Myers joined Havas PR in 1997, is a member of the agency’s senior leadership team, and leads the Transitions Optical account. Transitions Optical is a global eyewear business and has been a Havas client for more than 25 years.
Deanna Tomaselli, account supervisor, was also honored as the 2019 PRSA Member of the Year for her dedication to and leadership within the PRSA Pittsburgh chapter. An active member, Tomaselli has held multiple positions on the PRSA Pittsburgh board throughout her 10+ years with the organization. Currently, she serves as a co-chair of its Public Service Committee, which is working alongside the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to end workplace stigma against mental illness.
“We are honored to have our work and talent recognized by one of the foremost professional organizations in the industry,” said Katie McSorley, president, Mid-Atlantic, Havas PR.
Want more like this?
Subscribe to get daily or weekly PR News updates from Bulldog Reporter
Seventy-eight percent of small businesses with an SEO strategy claim they are confident in their understanding of SEO best practices, according to a new survey from business news and how-to site The Manifest. But despite this confidence, 63 percent of small businesses...
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) was born in the 1990s, came of age in the 2000s, and is today a shiny, handy tool in every marketer’s public relations toolbox. There has clearly been an explosion in CSR in recent years—but user beware: its misuse may be your...
Brands and businesses are keenly aware of the “social” side of their endeavors, and we don’t mean Twitter and Facebook. In today’s marketplace, companies are expected to take sides on societal and cultural issues because consumers (especially Millennials and Gen Zers)...