Nobu Ryokan Malibu is a triumph of architectural carpentry and subdued hospitality, and the first of the Ryokan Collection, with unforgettable views of the Pacific Ocean and tranquil landscaping that sets the tone for a private oasis. Seamlessly blending traditional Japanese minimalism with the elegant flair of the California coastline, this discerning sanctuary boasts a rich, natural aesthetic and an ethos of pure tranquility where exclusivity and privacy are foremost, with an emphasis on low-key comfort and high-end indulgence.
Nobu Ryokan Malibu Highlights:
- Coastal Oasis: Nestled among some of the finest shops and restaurants in the world, and with a magnificent secret beach on its doorstep, Nobu Ryokan Malibu is perfectly placed to serve as the utmost luxurious hideaway. With expansive views of the Pacific Ocean, the hotel’s backdrop is truly a sight to be seen. A dedicated, on-site concierge can curate a selection of exclusive experiences for guests to explore the nearby destination, or travelers can receive recommendations to customize their own agenda.
- Private Luxury: Nobu Ryokan Malibu is home to 16 guest rooms that are each distinctive and one-of-a-kind, with luxurious common threads that run through them. Features include ensuite fireplaces, sweeping skylights, private decks, and thoughtful design to offer guests peace, privacy, and ease while visiting. Reservations can only be made through the general manager and Nobu Ryokan remains accessible to registered guests only. Rooms starting at $2,000/night.
- Garden Rooms: Maintaining a constant connection to nature, while ensconced by California palm leaves, these rooms purvey a profound and serene experience for travelers to treasure.
- Ocean Rooms: Perched on the top floor of Nobu Ryokan, each room boasts beautiful views of Carbon Beach and a daily rush of natural sunlight for an experience that truly evokes those long, golden beach days so iconic to the California spirit.
- Beachfront Rooms: With access to the exclusive Carbon Beach, these accommodations allow for guests to experience the sand, the sun, and the surf — right outside their front door.
- Exclusive Amenities: Unwind on Nobu Ryokan’s elegant ipe wood deck filled with loungers and umbrellas, and revel in impeccable outside service. Savor fine dining at Nobu Malibu restaurant as it is only steps away from Nobu Ryokan Malibu, or escape to Malibu Racquet Club and utilize access to this private, members-only club featuring eight fully-lighted outdoor hard courts, locker rooms with saunas and steam showers, and a fitness facility. Nobu Ryokan Malibu also works with CURE Spa to bring onsite treatments for guests or provides in-house guests transportation to the CURE Spa facility across the street in the house car. Guests may also create their own curated experience with Malibu Fit Concierge whether it’s through yoga, or surfing, to stand-up paddling.
- Small Hotel Buyouts: With only 16 guest rooms, Nobu Ryokan Malibu offers an easy, luxurious buyout experience for travelers looking for an added level of exclusivity. Guests can enjoy private accommodations for an intimate wedding, business retreat, or honeymoon sanctuary, and each buyout is fully customizable per guest.
- Safety: At Nobu Ryokan Malibu, the team has spent time planning its protocols to adhere to social distancing practices and sanitization procedures without sacrificing the essence of the Ryokan. In all guest rooms, there is a Ryokan Safety Kit, which contains two masks, two pairs of gloves, and one 2-oz hand sanitizer available for use while on the property and to keep for the journey onwards or home. Temperature checks are also taken upon arrival using a contactless thermal tablet located at the Concierge Desk.