Set on the Caribbean coast of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula where the dramatic jungle canopy gives way to the calming turquoise waters of the Caribbean, the award-winning Viceroy Riviera Maya is a resort of tranquility and discovery. Spread across six acres of coastline, the property’s 41 villas are fringed by lush ferns, palms and guava trees – the playground of a resident family of friendly spider monkeys, and a hidden world of exploration for more intrepid guests. Serving as an inviting contrast, the white-sand beaches provide the idyllic setting for peace, quiet and complete relaxation. Blending magnificent surroundings with exceptional service, Viceroy Riviera Maya is the ultimate destination for the discerning traveler.
Viceroy Riviera Maya property highlights:
- All Villa:
- The 41 private villas of Viceroy Riviera Maya are tucked away under the shade of rich jungle foliage, and crowned by high-ceiling thatched-palapa roofs that blend seamlessly with the luscious environment. From the outdoor moon shower taking pride of place in the Luxury Villas, to the private sunbathing decks offering total bliss in the Royal Villas; the lavish deep-soaking tubs in the Signature Villas, to the exquisite sea view enjoyed by the Beachfront Villas, each private residence implores its residents to immerse in the beauty and sanctuary of nature.
- Wayak, the Spa at Viceroy Riviera Maya
- Located at the center of the property, the spa’s circular configuration echoes the holistic philosophy that guides WAYAK, the Spa at Viceroy Riviera Maya‘s experience and inspires its marine and herbal treatments. The healing powers of the jungle come full-circle, all treatments are inspired by the spa’s surroundings and ingredients found in the region. Highlights include a welcome cleansing ritual upon check-in by the resort’s Shaman and a full menu of traditional Mayan treatments, including the Maya Kamnikte for bride and grooms to be. Perhaps the most unique offering is the K’ooben, or “kitchen” in which guests are taking on a hands-on journey to awaken the senses. Viceroy full-service “jungle spa” in the Riviera Maya also features a beachfront studio fitness fully equipped and a newly created Mayan Temazcal, sweat lodge. In addition to in-spa treatments, guests can also experience daily yoga on the property’s newly built, private pier, jetting out over the turquoise sea.
- La Marea: Dine with the sea at your side at La Marea Restaurant — open for dinner nightly. A true local highlight, it puts traditional Mexican dishes in an inventive new light. Chef Carlos Zamora is renowned for his original interpretations of Mexican cuisine, blending influences of market culture, street gastronomy, and home cooking. He layers in techniques taken from the culinary traditions of Barcelona, Los Cabos, Veracruz and Cancun.
- Coral Restaurant + Bar: The two-tier alfresco restaurant offers classic international and authentic Mexican breakfast offerings and an extensive selection of fresh seafood available for lunch and dinner menus. Indulge in the flavors inspired by French cuisine with a personal interpretation by Chef Carlos Zamora. Situated poolside, the outdoor patio transforms on a regular basis to provide guests with one-of-a-kind experiences:
- Antojeria Night: aka, street taco night poolside. Every Tuesday night the pool deck transforms for guests to dine on street tacos, churros and the best of casual, local fare. Guests can even join Chef ten hours prior to dinner to watch the meal be prepped in the resort’s jungle.
- Tortilla and salsa making private classes and cocktail and mixology classes pool and beachside
- Chef’s Table Experience – Our Executive Chef personally selects the freshest ingredients to create this memorable dining experience. The Chef’s Table menu highlights some of the area’s most classic dishes in Mayan cuisine.
- Wine Cellar: For the connoisseurs, the resort’s 500-bottle cellar boasts a wide selection of noted wines from around the world and boutique Mexican wineries. Fact: the property only serves Mexican wines.
- Dine Anytime, Anywhere: Guests choose the time and the place – whether on their patio, on the beach or by the pool – and Riviera Maya’s chef will provide the perfect menu.
- Resort Pool
- In addition to the private plunge pool, Viceroy Riviera Maya features a resort pool with a sundeck and a selection of loaner sunhats for guests’ use. Guests also have easy access to Coral Bar where you can enjoy tropical cocktails and fresh small bites.