Jon Goldberg, founder and chief reputation architect of New Jersey-based Reputation Architects Inc., has been named the 2021 Chair of the Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) Counselors Academy, the section focused on the business and leadership of public relations agencies. In addition, the group named four new members to its Executive Committee and announced its 2021 officers.
The new members joining Goldberg on the Executive Committee are Jennifer Curley, president and CEO of Curley Company in Washington, DC; Ben Finzel, president of RENEWPR in Washington, DC; Hinda Mitchell, founder and president of Inspire PR Group in Columbus, Ohio; and Alexis Davis Smith, president and CEO of PRecise Communications in Atlanta, GA.
Goldberg has served on the Executive Committee of Counselors Academy since 2014 and also serves as a director-at-large of PRSA’s New Jersey chapter and co-chair of the society’s National Civility Task Force.
“I am excited to work beside such an exceptional group of communications entrepreneurs to help guide Counselors Academy in 2021,” said Goldberg. “Counselors Academy has played a central role in Reputation Architects’ success over the last decade. The opportunity to collaborate with and learn from other highly successful professionals with a shared commitment to the PR profession and our collective business success has been nothing short of transformational.”
The 2021 officers for Counselors Academy are:
- Jon Goldberg, founder and Chief Reputation Architect of Reputation Architects Inc. in New Jersey, as Chair.
- Alison King, president of Media Profile in Toronto, as Immediate Past Chair.
- Rebecca Mosley, founding partner of Kiterocket in Seattle, Wash., as 2022 Chair-Elect
- Jennifer Thompson, president and CEO of Thompson & Co. Public Relations in Anchorage, Alaska, as Secretary/Treasurer.
Serving as Members-at-Large on the 2021 Executive Committee for Counselors Academy are:
- Greg Abel president of Abel Communications in Baltimore, Md.
- Jennifer Curley, president and CEO of Curley Company in Washington, DC
- Darolyn Davis, principal-in-charge of Davis & Associates Communications, Inc., in San Francisco, Calif.
- Filomena Fanelli, CEO and founder of Impact PR & Communications in Poughkeepsie, NY, and 2021 Conference Co-Chair
- Ben Finzel, president of RENEWPR in Washington, DC
- Natalie Ghidotti, APR, principal of Ghidotti Communications in Little Rock, Ark., and 2021 Conference Co-Chair
- Missy Hurley, APR, co-founder and principal of B2 Communications in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Hinda Mitchell, founder and president of Inspire PR Group in Columbus, Ohio
- Alexis Davis Smith, president and CEO of PRecise Communications in Atlanta, Ga.
- John Walker, Managing Partner of Chirp PR in Atlanta, Ga.
- LaTricia Woods, APR, president and owner of Mahogany Xan Communications, LLC in Phoenix, Ariz.
The Counselors Academy was founded in 1960 and is dedicated to helping public relations agency owners and leaders succeed through access to collaborative peer relationships, meaningful professional development and education programs. The Academy focuses on the business of agency PR. Its entrepreneurial members are owners or senior managers of leading independent firms in the U.S. and Canada. Counselors Academy’s programs foster networking, mentoring and learning, and the Executive Committee consists of 16 senior-level public relations professionals from across the U.S. and Canada.