New York Women in Communications will hold the NYWICI Student Communications Career Conference, on Saturday, November 18th, bringing more than 30 industry leaders from all facets of the communications industry to speak with 250-plus students, who will leave with career advice, guidance, greater knowledge and a deeper network.
Speakers will include representatives from MTV, Hearst, Google, ABC, The New York Times, SiriusXM Radio, Spotify, HBO, NBC, and many more. The NYU School of Professional Studies will host the annual event.
Morning keynote speaker, Tiffany Pham, Founder & CEO, Mogul, will kick off the full-day event, which will include networking opportunities, informative panel discussions, Q&As and access to some of the most influential women in media. Kelle Jacob, Senior Manager, International Retail Marketing, Estèe Lauder, will be the afternoon keynote speaker. The various panel discussions/workshops include:
- The Many Facets of Careers in Communications
- How to Land the Perfect Job/Internship
- Defining Your Personal Brand
- Creating Your Killer Elevator Pitch
- Negotiating Your Way to Success
- Your Best Answers to Every Interview Question
- Your Guide to Successful Freelance Writing
- Deanna Zammit, Executive Producer, Digiday CUSTOM studios @DeannaZammit
- Gabrielle Simpson, Director of Communications and Public Relations, FCB Global @_GiftofGab_
- Badler, Director, Programmatic Advertising, The New York Times @nytimes
- Judith Harrison, Senior Vice President, Diversity & Inclusion, Weber Shandwick @JudithDiversity
- Meredith Long, Senior Vice President/GM, News, Luxury & Style, Time Inc @TimeInc.
- Saundra Thomas, Vice-President of Community Affairs, WABC-TV @ABC7NY
- Kristine Welker, Media Executive
- Full list
“Students will have the unique opportunity to hear from, and interact directly with leaders from the many areas our industry who will share their tips for success, advice for landing the job of your dreams and how to advance your career in the communications field,” said Meredith Long, President of New York Women in Communications and Senior Vice President/GM, News, Luxury & Style, Time Inc.
In addition, the New York Women in Communications Foundation Scholarship application will open on November 18 and high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply. Each year, the foundation awards scholarships in the amounts of $2,500-$10,000 to recipients who intend to pursue or further a career in communications. Many of the scholarships also come with a prestigious internship at a leading company in New York City. Scholarship winners will be recognized at the organization’s annual Matrix Awards, alongside prominent industry leaders. For more information about the scholarship program, visit www.nywici.org.
What: NYWICI Student Communications Career Conference
When: Saturday, November 18, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. *Registration opens at 8:00 a.m.
Where: NYU’s Kimmel Center, 60 Washington Square South
Register: Registration options available