The Public Relations Society of America San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (PRSA-SF), one of the five founding PRSA Chapters, has announced its 2020 Board of Directors. Leaders in their fields, the distinguished group of directors are committed to giving back to the public relations industry through their volunteer roles.
Representing agencies and in-house brands, the directors work in diverse industries including higher education, technology, cannabis, transportation, video, economic development, healthcare and nonprofit.
“Our highly engaged chapter membership has voted in a stellar roster of directors for 2020,” said PRSA-SF 2020 President Jenna Watson Gudgel. “This connected and passionate group of leaders looks forward to delivering valuable programming and networking for our local community to support the PR profession. We’re so excited to foster a collaborative network of all communications and PR pros to work together as we explore new areas of PR and stay on top of industry trends.”
The board of directors for 2020 include:
- President: Jenna Watson Gudgel, Senior Associate of Marketing Operations, Next Concept HR Association (NCHRA) / PR Manager, HR.com
- President-Elect and Director, Communications: Brooks Wallace, West Coast Lead, Hollywood Agency
- Immediate Past President & Director, Sponsorships: John McCartney, Managing Director, West Coast, Wise Public Relations
- Treasurer: Scott Wintner, Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Communications, SJC International Airport
- Director, Membership: John Vernon, Business Development Manager, PAN Communications
- Director, Professional Development: Sean McGill, Business Director U.S., 90 Seconds
- Director, Diversity & Inclusion: Jocelyn Arellano, Account Executive, Zeno Group
- Director, Programs: Jennifer Tang, Marketing & Media Engagement Consultant, Singapore Global Network, USA
- Co-Director, Social/Events: Angela Baldwin, Account Manager, Merritt Group
- Co-Director, Social/Events: Elaine Joseph, Senior Account Executive, Merritt Group
- Director, Student Affairs: Nick Rizzo, Account Coordinator, Merritt Group
- Director, Mentorship: Curie Sevilla, Stanford Conferences Manager, Stanford University
- Director, APR & Ethics: Mitchell Friedman, Ed. D., APR, Leadership and Communications Skills Consultant, Crisis Communications Research, Professor
- Director At-large: Y’Anad Burrell,President, Glass House Communications
Voting was conducted among chapter membership in December, and the directors begin their new roles in January 2020.