Alison King, president of Media Profile in Toronto, will serve as the 2020 Chair of Public Relations Society of America’s (PRSA) Counselors Academy, the section focused on the business of public relations agencies. In addition, the group named three new members to its Executive Committee and announced its 2020 officers.
The new members joining King on the Executive Committee are Tara Goodwin, entrepreneur and founder of Goodwin Group PR and Crisis Interception, LLC, in Walpole, Mass.; Missy Hurley, APR, co-founder and principal of B2 Communications in St. Petersburg, Fla.; and John Walker, Managing Partner of Chirp PR in Atlanta.
King has served on the Executive Committee of Counselors Academy for several years and chaired the 2016 Spring Conference in Puerto Rico.
“We have a phenomenal Executive Committee to lead Counselors Academy in 2020,” said King. “Being a member of this group has been the single best thing I’ve done for myself as a leader of an agency. The high-level professional development and candid advice I have received has made me a better and more inspired professional.”
The 2020 officers for Counselors Academy are:
- Alison King, president of Media Profile in Toronto, as Chair.
- Chuck Norman, APR, owner and principal of S&A Communications in Raleigh, N.C., as Past-Chair.
- Jon Goldberg, CEO of Reputation Architects, Inc., in Roseland, N.J., as Chair-Elect.
- Rebecca Mosley, founding partner of Kiterocket in Seattle as Secretary/Treasurer.
Serving as Members-at-Large on the 2020 Executive Committee for Counselors Academy are:
- Greg Abel, president of Abel Communications in Baltimore and 2020 Spring Conference Co-Chair
- Brenda Jones Barwick, APR, president and CEO of Jones PR in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Darolyn Davis, principal-in-charge of Davis & Associates Communications, Inc., in San Francisco.
- Filomena Fanelli, CEO and founder of Impact PR & Communications in Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
- Natalie Ghidotti, APR, principal of Ghidotti Communications in Little Rock, Ark., and 2020 Spring Conference Co-Chair
- Tara Goodwin, entrepreneur and founder of Goodwin Group PR and Crisis Interception, LLC, in Walpole, Mass.
- Missy Hurley, APR, co-founder and principal of B2 Communications in St. Petersburg, Fla.
- Rebecca Mosley, founding partner of Kiterocket in Seattle.
- Kate Snyder, APR, owner and principal strategist of Piper & Gold Public Relations in Lansing, Mich.
- Jennifer Thompson, president of Thompson & Co. PR, in Anchorage, Alaska.
- John Walker, Managing Partner of Chirp in Atlanta.
- LaTricia Woods, APR, president and owner of Mahogany Xan Communications, LLC in Phoenix.
The Counselors Academy was founded in 1960 and is PRSA’s first professional interest section that is dedicated to helping PRSA members succeed through access to collaborative peer relationships, meaningful professional development and education programs. The Academy focuses on the business of agency PR. Its entrepreneurial members are owners or senior managers of leading independent firms in the U.S. and Canada. Counselors Academy’s programs foster networking, mentoring and learning, and the Executive Committee consists of 16 senior-level public relations professionals from across the country.