The Consumer Product Marketing Awards debuts this month to recognize marketing genius in the CPG sector. The proceeds of entry fees fund a scholarship for university students enrolled in entrepreneurship programs throughout the U.S. Entries will open on August 15, 2019 and the submission deadline is September 28, 2020. Winners will receive a special indicia for their marketing use and the gift of giving back to the up and coming young minds of the consumer-packaged good industry. The fee is $125 per entry.
The judging criteria includes market viability of the product, creativity as it relates to the target consumer, overall aesthetics and the product must be less than two years old. Each entry must complete the submission form and send a full-size sample of their product for consideration.
The inaugural judge lineup includes experts in the marketing industry including:
- Diane McArter, Founder/President of furlined, a commercial production company whose acclaimed work includes clients such as Audi, Amazon, Pepsi and Geico. She has judged many prestigious awards including The Cannes Lions Festival.
- Bruce Renick is a product launch visionary who has earned billions for some of the world’s storied brands including Chaps Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Dr. Weil, Twinlab and is bringing The Mason Jar Company to market.
- Mychal Bogee, a business development executive who oversees Shaquille O’Neal, Julius “Dr. J” Erving and Muhammad Ali at Authentic Brands. He has worked with AMEX, Major League Baseball and General Electric.
- Jim Evans, Founder of Division 13, whose color theory rule-breaking is a creative force in the music, surf comic and feature film world. Evans has been lauded for his album covers for Neil Young, to Beach Boys, posters for Lollapalooza and feature film websites for Sony, DreamWorks, Paramount and Warner Bros.
- Steve Greenberg, Author of the Gadget Nation and known as the Innovation Insider product expert on NBC’s The Today Show.
- Yitzi Weiner, the editor in chief of Authority Magazine whose “good news” articles about entrepreneurs appear on Medium.com, Huffington Post’s Thrive Global and Buzzfeed.
- Phil Lempert, is a go-to expert on consumer behavior, marketing trends and new products and is seen on NBC’s The Today Show as the Supermarket Guru. Lempert is also a columnist Forbes.
- John Volturo’s omni channel consumer initiatives have driven over $1.5B in growth for grands such as Havas, Viacom, Bertelsmann, Guthy-Renker, BeachMint, Spark Network and Basic Research.
Award categories include:
- Social Campaign
- Brand Extension Launch Packaging
- Publicity Placement
- Cause Marketing
- Email Marketing Campaign
- Ambassador Program
- Launch Strategy
“After 30 years in the CPG sector, I have seen some amazing products,” said Founder and Product Maven, Alyson Dutch. “They say the one with the loudest voice wins, but I’ve noticed the one with the most intelligently crafted, memorably designed and excellent engineering is the true winner. Now it’s my turn to pay it forward. I want to recognize those new products and celebrate their ingenuity all while fostering the next generation of entrepreneurs. That’s what this is about.”
The Consumer Product Marketing Awards is a pay it forward marketing industry award program that celebrates marketers whose ingenuity knows no bounds. Proceeds from the entry fees of the awards are given to university students in entrepreneurship programs whose marketing programs are extraordinary, and the judges feel will make waves in the future.