The Emerging Leaders Awards is a special accolade recognizing outstanding young women active within the communications field who have made a significant impact on the industry.
This year, Washington Women in Public Relations is honoring an Emerging Leader in each of the following six categories: Large Agency, Nonprofit, Corporate, Association, Government/Public Affairs and Boutique-sized agency/Independent. Our finalists represent the top three candidates in each of these categories, as determined by our expert panel of judges reviewing a record-number of outstanding nominations.
The ceremony and cocktail reception will be held on Tuesday, May 15 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m, where the honorees of each category will be announced.
Cameron Hardesty, Head of Merchandising at UrbanStems, will be the keynote speaker.
The event will take place at the WeWork location at 80 M Street, S.E., Washington, D.C. To register for the event, click here.
Here are the 2018 Finalists:
- Elise Casteilli – Society of Interventional Radiology
- Sarah Grano – American Banker’s Association
- Natifia Mullings – University of Maryland
- Kate Fink – Vanguard Communications
- Shelby Giles – Vanguard Communications
- Sarah Lippincott – Tigercomm
- Alexis Gallagher – Pepco Holdings
- Alicia Jones – Fannie Mae
- Tiph Turpin – Mars, Incorporated
- Tania Donovan – U.S. Army
- Jessica Larson – U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Tara Goodin Rabin – U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Kristin Chapdelaine – GolinDC
- Shakirah Hill – Metropolitan Group
- Elizabeth Osborn – Hager Sharp
- Mercy Chikowore – Washington Area Women’s Foundation
- Maggie Dewane – Marine Stewardship Council
- Danielle Heiny – American Institutes for Research