Missed our webinar last month? Not to worry! We’ve got the highlights reel for you right here so you can get an idea of some of the session’s juiciest insights. Check out the recording for the full scoop.
On February 27th 2019, we were joined by Chief Storyteller and President of WordWrite Communications, Paul Furiga. Paul shared with us the critical importance of an organization’s “Capital S” story, and why it should inform your brand and not the other way around.
Some of the main takeaways from Why Story Trumps Brand: How to Find Your Capital “S” Story include:
- Storytelling effectively reaches the “old brain”, the part of us concerned with survival, emotions, and memory
- Archetypal stories are memorable, timeless, and transcend culture
- 63% of people recall a story from a presentation, only 5% recall a statistic
The “Capital S” story
- Why someone would buy from you, work for you, invest in you, partner with you, be your neighbour
Uncovering your “Capital S” story
- Your company’s origin or founder’s journey
- A dream, vision, or passion
- An innovation
- An epiphany
- A coming of age
- Nike’s got an incredible “Capital S” story
- Figuring out your company’s archetype is a great place to start when trying to uncover your “Capital S” story
- Southwest Airlines
- Center for Victory
- You’ll see results in the bottom line when you have a solid understanding of your organization’s “Capital S” story, and work towards ensuring your brand reflects and aligns with it
- Paul has some fantastic worksheets and resources to help you uncover YOUR “Capital S” story. Watch the webinar replay here to access them.
For all the details on exactly how to find your “Capital S” story, how it achieves results, and access to all the resources — check out the full webinar, Why Story Trumps Brand: How to Find Your Capital “S” Story