The Bulldog Awards are competitive, so it’s important for applicants to put their best foot forward. Here are some tips based on my judging of the 2017 Bulldog Stars or PR Awards.
- Supporting documents and videos are helpful! And it’s even better if there’s a reference in the application to what the judge should look for, such as “”We helped client X achieve Y – for more, see supporting document Z.” This ups the odds of the judge being able to appreciate the supporting documents.
- When attaching images and/or videos, ensure that you use your highest quality content – and double check that this content aligns with your entry. For example, are only white males featured in a video for a company that claims to value diversity? Does your voice-over use excessive corporate jargon? Are you making a case for your services, or reiterating meaningless accolades?
- Data matters. The Bulldog Awards values numbers and specific metrics. We understand that in some cases the numbers might not be clear, however, the best entries will get creative with it and offer facts or details related to the actual results of their campaign instead of simply calling it “successful”.
- On the other hand, as a judge I want specifics. Wherever possible, include exact numbers. Don’t hesitate to list what you’d consider “basic” metrics either!
- Build in time for the application to be reviewed by others. Proofread. Twice. Print your application out and take a red pen to it. In one application alone a client’s name was misspelled, a date was incorrect, a sentence lacked punctuation and commas were woefully abused. It’s hard for a judge to move past that.
Get Your Daily PR Updates
Subscribe to get daily PR News updates from Bulldog Reporter
B2B companies are all too aware of increasingly tough competition and the proliferation of product information demands—and new research from product information management (PIM) firm inRiver reveals it’s time for B2B commerce to pivot. The fact is, B2B buyers are used...
Influencer marketing has been helping brands to widen their audiences and, consequently, their profits. For a business to reap the full rewards of influencer marketing, however, there are some essential steps to follow. Below are four of the crucial ones. 1. Defining...
Technology is touching every aspect of our lives, and more and more, this includes the food we eat. Not surprisingly, older generations are wary of developments in food science, but Gen Z—the newest generation of food consumers with purchasing power—is more open to...