New research from The Execu|Search Group provides insights into the factors that most impact employee engagement and well-being, aiming to help employers navigate today’s candidate-driven market. In arguably the most competitive job market for employers in decades, the firm’s new 2019 Hiring Outlook offers recommendations for improving the “employee experience,” from hiring to retention.
“With professionals in the driver’s seat, they’re commanding more than just higher salaries,” said Edward Fleischman, CEO of The Execu|Search Group, in a news release. “Professionals consider their careers an integral part of their lives and they expect their job to provide meaning. Top performers who do not feel engaged or supported at work will be first to leave, so our 2019 Hiring Outlook is meant to provide employers with tools for creating a culture focused on building a strong employee experience.”
Findings of the report, The Employee Experience: 4 Ways to Attract, Engage, & Retain Employees in Today’s Competitive Market, include:
It’s becoming increasing difficult to keep talent
- 66 percent of professionals are NOT planning to stay at their organization long-term
Companies must offer more professional development
- 86 percent of professionals said that they would change jobs if they were offered more opportunities for professional development
- 66 percent of professionals said that there isn’t much support for those wishing to take on leadership roles
Managers play a critical role in employee engagement
- Professionals ranked support from leadership/management as the most important element of company culture
Employers are falling short regarding work-life balance
- 45 percent of employees do not feel their employer promotes a healthy work-life balance
- 71 percent of professionals said they would change jobs if they were offered flexible scheduling in a new role
Want more like this?
Subscribe to get daily or weekly PR News updates from Bulldog Reporter
Today’s consumers are realizing that both online and in-store shopping offer key advantages and drawbacks, and they want to shop wherever and whenever they want with the benefits of both the digital and physical experience. As retailers look for ways to differentiate...
Now that 2018 is behind us, it’s time to look at how technology will continue to change the way the world operates in 2019. We turned to the experts—the reporters covering these issues every day—to find out what trends, technologies, companies, and topics will be top...
New research from video cloud services provider Brightcove analyzes global consumer consumption preferences across generations when it comes to live and on-demand streaming video content. According to the firm’s 2018 Global Consumer Streaming Habits Survey, 58 percent...