Which voice trends will dominate in 2019—and what might their impact be on marketing and ad campaigns? A new report from voice over products and services marketplace Voices.com, 2019 Future Trends in Marketing, Advertising and Voice Over, showcases the top trends the firm is predicting for the next 12 months.
“With daily screen time reaching an average of 6 hours per person per day, it’s evident that advertisers have saturated the eye and are now moving on to the ears. Mass adoption of virtual assistants like Siri, Alexa, and Google Home is ushering in the era of the voice, one that has us speaking and directly engaging with our computers,” said Voices.com CEO David Ciccarelli, in a news release. “Almost every possible industry is affected by ‘voice,’ and this phenomenon is expected to continue into 2019 as we enter an audio-rich world.”
Some of the key predictions for 2019 in the report include:
- Female voices and girl/guy-next-door styles will be the most popular voices for the year
- Gender equality and pay equity in the voice over industry will be achieved by 2020, 5 years earlier than Voices.com’s 2017 prediction.
- 60 percent of creatives reveal that they rely on freelancers for creative services more than ever before, indicating a surge in opportunity for freelancers and the gig economy
- Demand for celebrity voices will decline, with 70 percent of research participants sharing that they are looking for fewer or none
- Human voices continue to be preferred over synthetic voices, with 91 percent of creatives stating that a human voice is more powerful than a computer-generated one
As the largest online global marketplace for voice over actors, Voices.com is in a unique position to provide insight into data points in the industry, such as vocal trends, evolutions in media production, and how voice over is being leveraged throughout various industries, including marketing, advertising, government, and education.
These predictions are based on findings from Voices.com’s vast internal data, as well as survey responses gathered from over 1,700 creative professionals working in diverse industries around the world.
Want more like this?
Subscribe to get daily or weekly PR News updates from Bulldog Reporter
Today’s consumers are realizing that both online and in-store shopping offer key advantages and drawbacks, and they want to shop wherever and whenever they want with the benefits of both the digital and physical experience. As retailers look for ways to differentiate...
Now that 2018 is behind us, it’s time to look at how technology will continue to change the way the world operates in 2019. We turned to the experts—the reporters covering these issues every day—to find out what trends, technologies, companies, and topics will be top...
New research from video cloud services provider Brightcove analyzes global consumer consumption preferences across generations when it comes to live and on-demand streaming video content. According to the firm’s 2018 Global Consumer Streaming Habits Survey, 58 percent...