Your public relations agency, or perhaps even you, finally succeeded in getting that brand-enhancing column published. You’re thrilled to see your ideas—and byline—alive in digital ink in an influential industry publication. But have you given due thought to how to maximize your investment in time and treasure after the publication date? Truth be told, too many small and mid-sized business owners fail to capitalize on the value of their intellectual capital and become disillusioned when their phones fail to ring off the hook and email in-box doesn’t overflow with leads.
So what’s our newly published authority to do? Happily it’s not too late to capitalize on the content, which will live forever on the Internet. Content adds value to many aspects of a company’s brand mission, from marketing and sales to human resources and branding. Here’s a quick overview of ideas to maximize the potential of brand-created content.
- Post the published column on your website blog but be sure to include the link back to the original publication to avoid the duplicate content trap.
- Republish the column on LinkedIn’s publishing (Post) platform.
- Distribute through your social media channels to attract more readers.
- Tweet the news and retweet periodically using a tool like Buffer.
- Consider using a paid distribution service to further extend audience reach.
- Comment on discussions in user groups and online forums—include a link.
- Create an email signature, with a link, promoting your column.
- Engage and educate key audiences—clients, prospects, stakeholders, through email campaigns that include the link.
- Provide the column to your sales and new business team.
- Publish the column in a company newsletter that all employees can share.
These tips will help to maximize the value of your investment in branded content. And by exploiting these tools each time a column is published, over time, you will develop a potent marketing campaign that will drive your business forward.
Media monitoring and analysis can also help you maximize the potential of your branded content by allowing you to see who’s talking about it, what they’re saying, and how the conversations surrounding it are changing. Contact one of our Media Analysis Experts to see how media monitoring and analysis can help before, during and after your next campaign.