To be a successful PR professional, you must care about relationships.
We have it on excellent authority—from PR pros, and former and working journalists—that gaining coverage is not about building the biggest list you can and hitting send on one mass, generic email. This tactic doesn’t work, and journalists really don’t like it.
Relationships are the backbone of the PR industry:
The fact is, if you don’t prioritize relationships, your pitching will never improve, and your coverage will plateau.
In this free guide, we’ll go back to the beginning and take you through successful relationship building strategies that will help you pitch the right person at the right time with the right story.
Here’s a peak at what you’ll find inside:
- Why research is an essential part of the relationship building process
- The importance of reading, listening, and watching the news every day
- The two things you must consider before you pitch
- Our nine rules for writing a personalized pitch
- How to keep building the relationship even after you get coverage
- The three essential tools to help you become a trusted resource