Cooksey Communications recently received three Platinum Awards and three Gold Awards in the 2021 AVA Digital Awards, an international competition. These six prestigious awards highlight Cooksey’s diverse and successful experiences in digital marketing and creative services.
- COVID-19 Digital Response (Digital Marketing) – City of Fort Worth “Y’all Wear a Mask”: Cooksey helped develop and implement a robust public awareness campaign for the City of Fort Worth, the nation’s 13th-largest city, to emphasize the importance of mask-wearing in slowing the spread of COVID-19. The integrated campaign included multiple PSAs, a microsite in English and Spanish, downloadable posters and other creative assets customized for each Tarrant County city, digital ads, and paid and unpaid social media.
- Writing (Video Production/Creativity) – City of Fort Worth “Y’all Wear a Mask”: Cooksey wrote and delivered 16 television and radio PSAs to emphasize mask-wearing throughout the holiday season and during the National Finals Rodeo held last December in Arlington, Texas.
- Amusements/Entertainment (Video Production/Commercials) – Radiance! A Holiday Light Spectacular: Cooksey oversaw creative design, content and production for three radio commercials and two television commercials for a brand-new, drive-through holiday light show in three North Texas cities: Frisco, Decatur and Weatherford.
- Social Campaign (Digital Marketing) – Radiance! A Holiday Light Spectacular: Cooksey developed and implemented a comprehensive social campaign to generate buzz and boost ticket sales for the regional debut of a drive-through holiday light show. This included the development and execution of paid social media ads and the creation of social media content across Facebook and Instagram.
- Blog-Single Post (Digital Marketing/Content Marketing) – Jackson-Shaw “COVID-19 Requires New Ways of Working and Leading”: Cooksey developed a blog post by Jackson-Shaw President and CEO Michele Wheeler for D CEO Magazine’s commercial real estate expert opinion site. The article addressed how leaders could engage, connect and empower teams during remote working and the transition back to the workplace.
- Social Branding Campaign Multiple Platforms (Web-Based Production/Social Media) – Delta Hotels by Marriott Dallas Southlake: Cooksey created and executed a social branding campaign across three platforms for a new hotel in Southlake, Texas – a dynamic, upscale suburban community in fast-growing Northeast Tarrant County. This included an organic social media plan, content and graphics, and active promotion of the brand across Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
AVA Digital Awards, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, honor outstanding work by creative professionals involved in the concept, direction, design and production of media that are part of the evolution of digital communication.
Judges are industry professionals who look for companies and individuals whose talent exceeds a high standard of excellence and whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry. From the thousands of entries, about 16% won Platinum, the top award, and around 19% the Gold Award. Approximately 10% were Honorable Mention winners.