Hill+Knowlton Strategies (H+K) has been named the Middle East Public Relations Association’s Large Agency of the Year for the second time in three years, as well as taking home a further 36 honours at the annual awards ceremony yesterday.
The 37 wins were the most of any organisation on the evening and the most successful in H+K’s long history in the region, including 15 gold awards for work with clients including Instagram, Dolby and sporting events such as UFC’s Fight Island and Clash on the Dunes – the world heavyweight boxing match between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr.
Further recognition was received for work with global technology clients such as Huawei, Cisco and Dyson.
For the first time, the annual awards were held virtually in light of the COVID pandemic, with H+K’s offices across the Middle East all able to connect and celebrate as one, including Cairo, with the agency claiming the Best Campaign in Egypt Gold award with Instagram #MonthOfGood and the Silver award for Twitter #HeroesOfGood.
The agency also continued to cement its position as a leading hub for young talent, with Omar Batterjee claiming the Dave Robinson Young Communicator of the Year prize, becoming the third H+Ker to receive this recognition.
H+K’s CEO for EMEA, Bashar AlKadhi, commented: “Like many other industries, the world of PR and communications has seen disruption like never before throughout this year. The awards highlight the two most important elements of an agency – our people, and our clients – without the trust of our clients in a tough year, and the hard work of our people, this wouldn’t be possible.
“Our teams have stayed close to our clients to understand their changing needs, offering counsel and creativity to ensure the best possible results throughout a difficult period. We have grown our services into new areas with a team of brilliant communications experts displaying their abilities throughout the past 12 months.”
H+K’s Large Agency of the Year honour was awarded in a year where the agency has seen remarkable growth throughout the Middle East as well as introducing a number of new services for clients. The recently launched Innovation + Creativity Hub encompasses digital planning, creative strategy, content and publishing which works hand-in-hand with the agency’s in-house studio team.
Earlier this year H+K also expanded its global offering of SMARTER+ which uses behavioural science to analyse change through emotive communications, and helped a number of clients throughout the year, such as Cisco’s internal engagement campaign of giving throughout Ramadan.
A full list of H+K’s 2020 MEPRA Awards:
- Best Internal Communications Response During COVID-19 – ADNOC inform and protect
- Best Social Impact Campaign in COVID-19 – Gamers Without Borders
- Best Use of Digital PR – Instagram #MonthOfGood
- Best Live Event – UFC Fight Island
- Best Use of Traditional Media Relations – Clash on the Dunes
- Best Use of Video – Dolby Superheroes
- Best Consumer Services Campaign – Dolby Superheroes
- Best Corporate Reputation Campaign – Diriyah Season
- Best Fashion/Beauty Campaign – Dyson Coralle Launch
- Best Financial Campaign – SRC
- Best Government/Public Affairs – Coca Cola
- Best Professional Services Campaign – MEIRA
- Best Sport and Recreation Campaign – Diriyah Season
- Best Travel and Tourism Campaign – UFC Fight Island
- Best Campaign in Egypt – Instagram #MonthOfGood
- Dave Robinson Young Communicator of the Year – Omar Batterjee
- Best Creative Approach During COVID-19 – Huawei’s Live Sale
- Best Live Event – Diriyah Season
- Best Integrated Campaign – Gamers Without Borders
- Best Arts and Culture Campaign – Ithra Connect
- Best Financial Campaign – Abu Dhabi Department of Finance
- Best Technology Campaign – Huawei Live Sale
- Best Government/Public Affairs – Abu Dhabi Department of Finance
- Best Internal Communications Campaign – Cisco
- Best Sustainability Campaign – Coca Cola
- Best Campaign in Egypt – Twitter #HeroesOfGood
- Best Campaign in UAE – UFC Fight Island
- Best Campaign Middle East – Instagram #MonthOfGood
- Best Social Impact Campaign in COVID-19 – Dolby Superheroes
- Best Use of Digital PR – Twitter #AlwaysPlayItRight
- Best Use of Data and Insights- Instagram #ExpressYourself
- Best Use of Creative – Dolby Superheroes
- Best Integrated Campaign – Diriyah Season
- Best Use of Influencers – Twitter #AlwaysPlayItRight
- Best Professional Services Campaign – Mercer
- Best Technology Campaign – Twitter, Safety Campaign