Following a period of rapid growth, leading Instagram influencer marketing service, Takumi, has announced three new appointments to its non-executive board of directors and has hired a new Chief Revenue Officer. The heavyweight additions will support the global management team to propel the company’s vision and global expansion plan.
Non-Executive Directors strengthen Takumi board
- Mary Keane-Dawson: Mary is a digital expert, entrepreneur and business mentor. She co-founded medical technology start-up MyHealthPal and the women’s networking franchise How She Made It. She has also held C-suite roles at WPP, Steak, Reform and Collective. Mary is a global ambassador for the British Interactive Media Association, sits on the board of London Tech Advocates and the advisory board for the Internet Commission.
- Sarah Speake: Sarah is an energetic, results-driven, former-global CMO and international sales director. She has 25 years of experience spanning the media and marketing ecosystem. Sarah established Speake Up Consulting to help businesses align their board, business and brand. Sarah is a regular speaker and roundtable host for digital disruption and unicorn CMO discussions, capitalising on her expertise built at brands such as Google, ITV and Clear Channel.
- Rob Forshaw: Rob has more than 25 years of agency experience working in brand and digital communications for some of the world’s leading brands. He started his career working for Saatchi & Saatchi, M&C Saatchi, and Wieden+Kennedy. He subsequently co-founded the digital communication agency, Grand Union, which was acquired by FullSIX in 2010. Rob is a board advisor to a number of high growth businesses in the UK and USA.
- Mary, Sarah and Rob join founding member Dominic Perks. Dominic is the co-founder and CEO of venture firm Hambro Perks. He has been involved in backing and building over 40 technology companies including Echo (exited to McKesson), Laundrapp, Muzmatch and What3words. Dominic was part of the founding team at Takumi and continues to serve as an NED. Prior to beginning his entrepreneurial career, Dominic was a strategy consultant at McKinsey & Co and an investment banker at Morgan Stanley.
New Chief Revenue Officer appointed to build out team of industry experts
- Carla Faria: Carla has been appointed chief revenue officer (CRO) at Takumi. She has been operating in the media and content world for more than 20 years and has launched, shaped and grown teams in diverse businesses, ranging from publishing behemoths like TI Media to tech media businesses like Say Media (now Maven). She has led award-winning teams, who have won Associated for Online Publishing, Campaign and Revolution awards for their work across multiple sectors. Carla will be responsible for driving Takumi’s revenue strategy globally, and she will be tasked with establishing new revenue streams to maintain Takumi’s position as the leading Instagram influencer marketing service.
Commenting on the appointments, Takumi CEO Adam Williams says: “Takumi is experiencing a huge period of growth, as is the entire influencer marketing industry. As the practice becomes an increasing part of marketing budgets, clients are choosing to return to Takumi or commit to longer campaigns, while others are exploring influencer marketing for the first time.
“2019 has seen Takumi expand internationally into France, Spain, Italy, Austria and Switzerland, and launch a global partnership with Ogilvy.
“To continue this trajectory in 2020, we have bolstered our board with some exceptionally talented and experienced professionals who will support the business through continued growth. We will remain committed to developing smart anti-fraud technology and championing collaborative relationships between brands and Instagram creators.”