Tunheim, a Minneapolis-based communications consulting firm, is adding to its bench of talent. Throughout its 28-year history, the firm has grown both its employee count and its partnerships with independent specialists.
“I’m thrilled to see Tunheim grow with the addition of these talented professionals. Welcoming new perspectives and introducing new voices to our team helps us meet our clients’ unique needs and ensure that we are delivering our collective best,” said Tunheim President and CEO, Kathy Tunheim.
Joining as strategic partners are Arick Wierson, Emmett Coleman, and Susan Eich.
A native of Minnesota, Arick Wierson is a former Deputy Commissioner of Technology and Senior Media and Communications Advisor to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg; he is a current political and business contributor to CNN, CNBC and the New York Observer. Prior to joining Tunheim, Arick spent seven years in Luanda, Angola. Arick is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese. He is also a partner in the company organizing MANOVA – The Global Health Summit taking place in Minnesota this October.
Emmett Coleman, is an experienced government affairs and public relations executive with an extensive record of successful regulatory negotiations, relationship building and organizational transformation at the local, state and federal levels. Most recently, Emmett was vice president of external affairs for Comcast.
Susan Eich is a trusted, senior corporate communications leader who has who has served in key roles at Sleep Number, Cargill, Target, Honeywell and SoftBrands, now part of Infor. Susan was an original founder of Tunheim and has played a significant role in the history of the organization. Susan is well-versed in successful corporate communications, including financial and investor communications, crisis and corporate reputation management.
Emily McGrath is joining Tunheim as a Senior Consultant. She has extensive strategic consulting experience working for both the public and private sectors. Prior to working for Tunheim, she was a contract lobbyist for a variety of Fortune 500 companies. Additionally, Emily served as the legislative liaison for the Minnesota Department of Health and worked in corporate public affairs in both St. Paul, Minnesota and Washington, D.C. She is also a member of the board of directors of the Healdsburg (CA) Education Foundation, and an elected representative of the Healdsburg Charter School governing board. Emily has previously worked as a strategic partner for Tunheim and is now joining the team full-time.
Tunheim has added two new Associates to its team: Jason Darrow and Jonathan Du.
- Jason Darrow joins Tunheim from Weber Shandwick in Chicago where he focused on media relations and developed outreach strategies for several retail and technology companies. Adept in strategic communications and storytelling, his passion for content creation and brand positioning grew when writing stories for the Big Ten Network’s LiveBIG campaign.
- Jonathan Duuses his knowledge in media, politics and journalism to develop stories that help drive conversation and policy. Getting his start in D.C. working for the Republican National Committee, he quickly realized the importance of storytelling in connecting policymakers with their constituents. Jonathan’s work experience has ranged from national party organizations to private research firms, to national broadcast outlets, most recently working for CBS News.
Tunheim is also promoting three of its employees:
- Linnea Moatwas promoted to Consultant and works with a variety of Tunheim clients to craft effective messages that resonate with both the media and public, and to turn complex policy positions into digestible narratives. Linnea previously worked for U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar.
- Marika Kellywas promoted to Consultant. With a strategic mind, keen attention-to-detail and knack for crafted storytelling, Marika helps clients build authentic narratives and deliver impactful media relations and consistent results.
- Maddie Rennekehas been promoted to an Associate. With a dexterity for all things content and social media, Maddie helps clients tell their stories strategically and impactfully. Maddie previously worked in business development at Sovos.