The Dallas Chapter of Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) recently announced the winners of the 2018 Pegasus Awards, which recognize the most outstanding communications efforts by Dallas area strategic communications professionals. This year’s Promotional Sponsor was Three Box Strategic Communications.
Winners were announced in a luncheon presentation during the PRSA Dallas Pegasus Awards + Pro-Am Student Day. The event featured keynote speaker Fred Cook, chairman of Golin and director of the University of Southern California (USC) Center for Public Relations at the Annenberg School. Cook spoke about USC’s 2018 Global Communications Report’s results and discussed the ethical implications of communicating in an environment where definitions of trust, transparency and even truth are changing every day.
The Best in Show awards recognize the two most outstanding entries in the Programs and Projects categories, respectively, for their creativity and effectiveness in achieving goals and objectives. The highest honors went to Wendy’s with Ketchum in the Risky Business division for “Wendy’s Mixtape,” in the Programs Category and to A. Larry Ross Communications in the Media Relations – Consumer division for “Joel C. Rosenburg, The Kremlin Conspiracy,” in the Projects Category.
Full list of winners:
- Brittney Effner and the SMU Boulevard Consulting Team for “Roomored Simplifying Decision Making for Homebuyers”
- Award of Honor: Children’s Health for “Children’s Health Takes Pediatric Health Care and Welfare Beyond ABC”
- Pegasus Award: Toyota for AIDS/Life Cycle
- Pegasus Award: Wendy’s with Ketchum for “Wendy’s Executive Visibility”
Events and Observances
- Award of Honor: Jamba Juice with Citrus for “National Smoothie Day”
- Pegasus Award: Center for Brain Health with Tingley | Flynn for “Re-imagined Ribbon Cutting: Transforming the Brain Performance Institute Grand Opening into a National Movement”
- Pegasus Award: Children’s Health for “Employee Newsletter: ‘Balloon Beat’ Lifts to New Heights”
- Award of Honor: Visit Dallas for “The Margarita Mile”
- Pegasus Award: James Avery Artisan Jewelry with Citrus and Moroch for “The Most Charming Offer of the Year”
- Pegasus Award: Wendy’s with Ketchum for “Wendy’s Mixtape: We Beefin’ Makes (Air) Waves”
Media Relations – Associations, Government and Nonprofit
- Award of Honor: Dallas Summer Musicals with Three Box Strategic Communications for “Disney’s THE LION KING Resonates with a Diverse Dallas Audience”
- Pegasus Award: Champion Management for Rob Jones’ Month of Marathons
Media Relations – B2B
- Pegasus Award: TrizCom PR for “Dillon Gage Metals Creative Outreach”
Media Relations – Consumer
- Award of Honor – Urban Air with Moroch for “Urban Air School’s Out Bash”
- Pegasus Award – A. Larry Ross Communications for Joel C. Rosenberg’s “The Kremlin Conspiracy National Release”
- Award of Honor – Denton County Transportation Authority for “CTA’s State Fair of Texas Influencer Marketing Partnership Leads to Contest Success”
- Pegasus Award – Children’s Health for “Children’s Health Response to Hurricane Harvey, One of the Largest National Disasters in Texas History”
- Pegasus Award: InfraREIT, Inc. for “2017 InfraREIT, Inc. Annual Report ‘Strong Foundation’”
- Pegasus Award: Idea Grove for “Putting a Modern Face on a 40-Year Old Brand with the TRUNO Website Project”
- Pegasus Award: Buckner International for “Buckner Family Hope Centers: What if the shocking becomes normal? Crystal Charity Video”
- Award of Honor: Buckner International for “2018 Crystal Charity Ball Funding Request”
- Pegasus Award: Irving Flood Control District Section III with Three Box Strategic Communications for “Educating a Community about Flood Control”
PRSA Dallas President Donna Coletti, APR announced the PRSA Dallas award winners, including individual awards for outstanding service. Aisha Fletcher and Whitney Strittmatter received the Member of the Year Award; Nelli Tokleh received the President’s Award for Outstanding Service to the Chapter; and Jeff Cheatham was honored with the New Member of the Year Award.
Pegasus Awards, named after the iconic red Pegasus in downtown Dallas, serves as a symbol of strategic communications excellence in Dallas and North Texas. For more information about the awards and PRSA, please visit PRSA Dallas.