PRSA, the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community, today announced the election of 13 new members into the College of Fellows, an honorary organization within PRSA comprised of more than 350 leading professionals and educators, each of whom has left a significant footprint on the public relations profession.
“Every member of PRSA’s College of Fellows has contributed in extraordinary ways to the advancement of the communications profession, through proven accomplishment, leadership and mentoring expertise,” said Michelle Olson, APR, 2021 PRSA Chair. “I congratulate the Class of 2021 for their ongoing commitment and contributions to PRSA as well as the wider communications community.”
The College of Fellows Class of 2021 will be inducted at a virtual celebration on Sunday, Oct. 10, and honored at a Toast and Medallion Presentation at the Orlando World Center Marriott on Saturday, October 16. The Class of 2020, which due to the constraints of COVID-19 did not have an in-person event last year, will also be honored at the Orlando ceremony.
The 2021 inductees are:
- Jill Allread, APR, Fellow PRSA, Chief Executive Officer, Public Communications Inc.; Chicago, Illinois
- Andrew Corner, APR, Fellow PRSA, Professor of Practice and Associate Chair, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
- Ellen Crane, APR, Fellow PRSA, President, Ellen Crane APR, LLC; Pompano Beach, Florida
- Stephen Dupont, APR, Fellow PRSA, Vice President, Public Relations and Branded Content, Pocket Hercules; Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Alison L. Gaulden, APR, Fellow PRSA, Lecturer, Reynolds School of Journalism, University of Nevada; Reno, Nevada
- Lisa F. Lochridge, APR, Fellow PRSA, Retired, formerly Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association; Apopka, Florida
- Robert G. (Bob) McCullough, APR, Fellow PRSA, Communications Director, Morgan’s Wonderland; San Antonio, Texas
- William D. Moak, APR, Fellow PRSA, Chair and Assistant Professor of Communication, Belhaven University, Madison, Mississippi
- Renea P. Morris, M.Ed., APR, Fellow PRSA, Vice Chancellor for Marketing and Communications, University of Denver; Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- Lt. Col. Christian Patterson, APR+M, Fellow PRSA, Director of Communications, U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center; Clinton, Mississippi
- Samuel James Morrey Sims, APR, Fellow PRSA, Owner, Sims Group; Yukon, Oklahoma
- David H. Thompson, APR, Fellow PRSA, Sole Practitioner, Dave Thompson; Portland, Oregon
- Michelle Von Tersch, APR, Fellow PRSA, Senior Vice President, Communication and Legislative Affairs, Community Medical Centers; Fresno, California
Members of the College of Fellows serve in PRSA Chapter, District, Professional Interest Sections and National leadership positions. To qualify for admittance, the communications professional must be a current PRSA member, have at least 20 years of experience, hold the Accredited in Public Relations (APR) credential and have demonstrated superior professional performance in the practice/teaching of public relations.
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) is the nation’s leading professional organization serving the communications community. PRSA is the principal advocate for industry excellence and ethical conduct and provides members lifelong learning opportunities and leading-edge resources to enhance professional connections and support them at every stage of their career. With nearly 30,000 members, PRSA is collectively represented by 110 Chapters and 14 Professional Interest Sections, and on nearly 375 college and university campuses through its student organization, the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). For more information, please visit www.prsa.org.