The digital marketing space has a lot of scope for social media influencers. In fact, some of the top trends in digital marketing revolve around social media networks like Instagram and Facebook.
To have a great career as an influencer, you need to have a media kit. When you reach out to brands, it can be a great way to display your work.
A creative media kit can capture the prospective client’s attention. It can also determine whether you are eligible to sign the contract or not. In simple words, it’s an opportunity to prove your value.
A media kit is a digital ring binder that displays to clients everything they need to know about you.
Here are five essentials to include in your media kit:
1. Your bio
Your bio is the primary section a brand/business is going to read when they look at your media kit. So, you must insure it represents you and your personality entirely.
In the bio, you will be conveying your tone and showcasing your interests. It is best to find balance between the upbeat intro and the business pitch.
Do not forget to include a headshot/photo of you so whoever looks at your media kit can put a face to your name.
Take a look at Instagram influencers that are related to your interests, particularly how they have introduced themselves and how eye-catching their bios are.
2. Your social media followers
If a niche is similar, then they may look for influencers that reflect their brand. You have to include followers/engagement rate on Instagram and other social media platforms. You can even include group members and subscribers list.
You can also feature your performance results on social media platforms. Most brands are interested in your Instagram engagement score. As brands fund influencer marketing, they check if their audience is interested in you or not
If you do not have a good engagement score on Instagram, work on it.
3. Your audience demographics
It is essential to know about your audience’s demographics. Brands will check whether your followers are the audience they are looking for.
When a brand is looking to collaborate with you, they look for your niche or target audience. They look at geographic location, age, gender, language and more. The goal is not about matching the target audience, but to make sure their audience and your audience overlap.
You can find out the demographics of your audience with market research. With effective market research, you can not only find out about your ideal customer base but also your competitor’s.
Here is why market research is so important when it comes to thriving in an intensely competitive industry.
- You can quickly analyze business opportunities. You can easily know the audience, their interests and how to reach them. You can easily understand your customers’ demographics. Plus, it will help you to find other opportunities that can serve them. You can even approach people for collaboration that benefits both of you.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, half of business employees don’t last long term. The only way to survive in business for a long time is to know your audience better. Regular market research keeps you updated on customers’ needs.
- Market research helps you to know what texts/images to put on social media to grab public attention. Only by market research, you will know what kind of DIY videos or fashion tips people are looking for.
- The major problem small businesses and influencers face is a limited budget. Because of this, your marketing cost must be optimized to get the best possible results. Market research helps you to reach the audience on the channel where they are most active.
- The influencer/business who know their customers best tend to lead the market. You can beat competitors by meeting your customers’ needs. There is an excellent chance of standing out in the market.
- Market research helps you to make tough decisions more easily and effectively. Are you able to reach customers who are likely to buy from you? Will they get precise details about your business? Which products are on demand? And so on…
4. Add details about your blog/website
You may be a beauty influencer and a fashion blog/website is thus essential to increase your credibility. Blog posts have a longer lifespan than Instagram posts. A brand may want to create content or collaborate on a project. Additionally, the chances of getting a project are higher.
You can use an influencer media kit template for blogging to increase visibility. It helps to look at your stats and record them in your media kit.
Do not forget to track page views and visitors number. Google Analytics is an excellent tool to keep track of your blog performance. You can even use the JetPack plugin for WordPress; it tracks your visitors each day.
Ensure you are uploading the best blog posts or content to your blog. Having an excellent content blog attracts your audience. Plus you can build a personal brand in a greater way.
5. Add previous project details and testimonials
Online marketing is a tough nut to crack. Even experienced e-commerce ventures and entrepreneurs sometimes fumble when it comes to boosting their brand reach. And with social media, the stakes are only higher.
Marketing your brand online is not an overnight job, you need to invest a lot of time and effort to build your following.
If you have previous experience with collaboration, ensure you add past projects. Sharing past collaboration experience gives sponsors a sense of professionalism. You can even include the result of a project such as engagement, link and even products sold.
Your testimonials share your strengths. A testimonial from someone who has worked with you showcases work ethic. You can email a few brands you have partnered with and ask them to give you a reference and cite them in a media kit.
An influencer media kit can show brands who you are and where you stand in the market. It is an excellent way to make a first impression in the market. You need to put time and effort into making it the best possible kit. Remember to focus on your strengths and keep all your information up to date.