Human resource management systems (HRMS) are tools that support an organization’s HR process. These include tasks like benefits administration, recruitment management, storing employee data, tracking employee performance, payroll management, and timekeeping.
HR teams who take advantage of this technology will instantly see the benefits of automation and a more streamlined process. That’s because they have more free time to tackle duties a computer can’t, such as employee satisfaction, face-to-face interviewing, and management.
With the right HRMS, you can improve your workplace to such a degree that it makes a big difference in your PR and marketing. However, you need certain features to maximize your results.
Image Source: Unsplash
HRMS software features that improve PR results
When looking for the right human resources management software, pay attention to individual features.
Here are 3 HRMS software features that improve public relations results.
1. Benefits administration and managing payroll
Payroll can be a challenge for HR teams if they don’t use software tools, especially as the organization gets larger. Fortunately, HRMS solutions allow teams to customize payroll periods, bulk process and reprocess employee payments, and adjust regular and overtime hours.
Above all, HRMS solutions make it easier to stay legally compliant. Since HRMS also has time and attendance features, employers can ensure they’re paying the right amount based on their employee’s schedules. An HRMS can automatically deduct benefit amounts on paychecks.
Here’s how benefits administration and payroll management help PR:
- Global payroll compliance means local and international employees can take advantage of remote work opportunities, which attracts more quality hires around the world.
- Global payroll also helps businesses compete on a global scale while managing compliance. In today’s global world, selling goods internationally is the best strategy.
- Automated healthcare benefits and payroll compliance collects federal legislation data and keeps it up to date. This improves employee satisfaction and their personal health.
- Time-tracking features can improve employee scheduling, which enables employees to work when they want to. Flexible work is known to improve employee wellness.
Employees and suppliers want to work for companies that aren’t a liability. Quality employers pay their employees on time, and HRMS solutions can ensure your reputation stays intact.
2. Onboarding features and easily accessible analytics
An HCI whitepaper revealed that only 12 percent of employees think their organization onboards successfully. After you adopt an HRMS solution, you get onboarding features such as paperless documents, gamification capabilities, automated reminders, and probation management.
While these features can improve your onboarding process, only easily accessible analytics can tell you why it’s failing. An HRMS with customizable dashboards, real-time reporting, access controls, automated data gathering, and forecasting can help improve your decision-making.
Here’s how onboarding features and easily accessible analytics help PR:
- An HRMS can create a scheduled onboarding process that ramps up as a new hire meets specific goals. This keeps employees engaged and excited to keep learning.
- Gamification capabilities allow for feedback and individual goal setting. Feedback is incredibly important for employee wellness and improves overall productivity.
- Real-time analytic reporting features help you make timely decisions, whether it’s for onboarding or another process. This data can help improve current processes.
- Forecasting features look back through archived data to assess future performance. This helps you delegate tasks appropriately, avoiding overwork and unhappy employees.
When employees are engaged and well-trained, they’re more likely to stay longer. Employers who watch their analytics carefully can improve ROI and satisfaction rate, both great for PR.
3. Learning and development and self-service features
It’s clear that your employees are your best advocates. Happy employees leave positive reviews on job sites, refer job openings to friends and family, and post about their workplace on social media. A happy employee will want to grow inside your organization, but only if you let them.
An HRMS can do this with its learning and development features, which hook quality employees up with certificates, training materials, and promotions. Self-service and mobile compatibility features allow employees to interact with materials, even when they’re out of the office.
Here’s how learning and development and self-service features help PR:
- Employees want better learning and development opportunities because they’re associated with more pay. It also increases job security, which is widely sought after.
- Companies that pay for certificates, degrees, or apprenticeships will instantly be seen as top employers. These programs benefit organizations that are struggling to find workers.
- Employees have higher job satisfaction rates when their goals match up with their employers. Learning and development features can help connect everyone’s goals.
- Self-service features keep employees in the know and reduce their dependence on HR. It’s also a flexible option for remote workers who can’t speak to HR in person.
Employers who invest in their employees are well-liked and competitive. Self-service takes a lot of pressure off HR staff, giving them space to improve the workplace and PR simultaneously.