Do chatbots, robots, and digital assistants intrigue you? What about automated vehicles and virtual assistants? They’re all part of the world of artificial intelligence. AI is a field of computer science that focuses on the creation of a machine that can replicate human behavior.
The science fiction of yesterday has quickly become reality. AI statistics surrounding the business and tech industries are changing. AI has already altered the way we think and interact with each other every day. Whether it’s in healthcare, education, or manufacturing, AI yields a great deal of success in nearly every industry.
Whether it’s AI’s effect on startups and investments, robotics, big data, virtual digital assistants, the full market overview, or voice search and recognition, the below stats will give you a better understanding of AI’s current state and its future scope:
- By 2025, the global AI market is expected to be almost $60 billion; in 2016, it was $1.4 billion
- Global GDP will grow by $15.7 trillion by 2030 thanks to AI
- AI can increase business productivity by 40%
- AI startups grew 14 times over the last two decades
- Investment in AI startups grew 6 times since 2000
- Already 77% of the devices we use feature one form of AI or another
- Cyborg technology will help us overcome physical and cognitive impairments
- Google analysts believe that next year, 2020, robots will be smart enough to mimic complex human behavior like jokes and flirting
To realize how close we are to outsourcing most of our activities to intelligent robots, check out the detailed infographic below. We at TechJury enjoyed thoroughly preparing it; hopefully, you will find it amusing and useful too.
It focuses mostly on narrow AI but also shows the mesmerizing resources poured into the industry that might lead to the discovery of true intelligence one day in the not-so-distant future.
Statistics related to AI
1. AI technology can enhance business productivity by up to 40%. (Source: Accenture)
Accenture researched the impact of AI in 12 developed countries. The study revealed that it could double economic growth rates by 2035. AI will enable people to use their time efficiently, which will increase their productivity by 40%.
2. Businesses with more than 100,000 employees are more likely to have a strategy that implements AI. (Source: MIT)
Some AI stats published in MIT Sloan Management Review show that three-quarters of executives believe AI will enable their company to expand and many believe that it will allow their enterprise to gain a competitive advantage.
3. 47% of established organizations have a defined AI strategy for mobile. (Source: CMO)
Well, this is one of the best artificial intelligence stats from 2018 that every business owner needs to know. As a part of their marketing efforts, 47% of the more advanced enterprises have applied an AI strategy to their mobile apps; additionally, 84% use a personalized strategy.
4. 41% of consumers believe artificial intelligence will improve their lives in some way. (Source: Strategy Analytics)
There’s no denying that artificial intelligence has also dominated the technological landscape. With that said, consumers in India and China are more likely to embrace this technology.
5. Only 33% of consumers think they’re already using AI platforms. (Source: PEGA)
This is one of the more interesting AI facts; only 33% think that they use technology that features artificial intelligence. The actual number is, shockingly, much higher. In reality, 77% use an AI-powered service.
6. 84% of global business organizations believe that AI will give them a competitive advantage. (Source: Statista)
84% of business organizations will adopt AI because it gives them a competitive advantage over their rivals. That is the conclusions, according to a 2017 artificial intelligence Statista study.
7. Only 17% of email marketers planned on using artificial intelligence in 2018. (Source: Econsultancy)
17% of in-company respondents and 21% of agencies planned to innovate with AI in 2018. However, after a number of studies in 2018, AI has already proven to be a prominent technology in the marketing medium.
Voice search and artificial intelligence stats
1. 97% of mobile users are already using AI-powered voice assistants. (Source: Creative Strategies)
According to a study by Creative Strategies, only 2% of iPhone owners have never used Siri, and only 4% of Android owners have never leveraged the power of OK Google. When it comes to usage, 51% use voice assistants in the car, 6% in public, and 1.3% at work.
2. 40% of people use voice search function at least once every day. (Source: Location World)
With this percentage, it’s clear that the use of voice search is slowly becoming commonplace in people’s everyday lives.
3. 30% of web browsing and searches will be done without a screen by 2020. (Source: Gartner)
Audio-centric technologies like Amazon Echo have access to dialogue-based information. According to the AI statistics provided by Gartner, the voice-first interaction will gain prominence in no time.
4. Around 4 billion devices already work on AI-powered voice assistants. (Source: IHS MARKIT)
A press release by IHS Markit, a business information provider, found that 4 billion devices have AI-powered assistants, and this number will reach 7 billion by 2020.
Digital assistants and AI stats 2017
1. Nearly half of Americans use digital voice assistants. (Source: Pew Research)
A 2017 Pew Research study showed that 46% of Americans use digital assistants to interact with their smartphones. Voice assistants are present on a diverse range of devices, so 42% of users have the tech on their smartphones, 14% of them use it on a computer or tablet, while 8% of them use it on a standalone device such as Amazon Echo or Google Home.
This article originally appeared on the TechJury site; republished with permission.