PR Couture, a leading sourcebook for fashion and lifestyle communicators, revealed the winners for its second annual award program, the 2018 Bespoke Communication Awards (the BCAs). The BCAs were established in 2017 to celebrate the individuals, agencies and brands shaping and leading the communication ecosystem, and to set motivational and prestigious industry benchmarks for exceptional work executed across the field. The caliber of entries continues to grow each year.
After two years of programming, more than 100 agencies and brands have applied from four countries. Winning applications include EightySixthSouth, Victory Public Relations, J Public Relations, Be Social and Element Brand Group, among others.
“The success of the program speaks volumes about the need for recognition opportunities, particularly for agencies, across the fashion and lifestyle industries,” said Crosby Noricks, founder and director of PR Couture. “The submissions we received this year were overflowing with strategic thinking and creativity. Furthermore, they also demonstrated current media opportunities, successes and challenges these practitioners come head to head with on a daily basis. I have immense pride in being a part of this space and hold such gratitude toward our applicants, judges, sponsors, partners and community for their excitement and endorsement of the BCAs.”
Entries were evaluated on the level of mastery of tools, platforms, strategies and tactics as well as industry best practices and results. This year’s program included 10 awards, all which honor standout agencies, brands, communication campaigns and individuals as well as the career achievements of influential practitioners realized between Jan. 1, 2017 and Dec. 31, 2017.
Agency and Brand: recognizes agencies, in-house teams and brands standing out and stepping up among its peers through superior leadership, positive work environments, and exceptional work
- Agency of the Year: AMP3 PR
- Startup Agency of the Year: Covet Public Relations
- Best Agency to Work For, sponsored by Marque Media: J Public Relations
- Best Boutique Agency to Work For, sponsored by Marque Media: Reformation
Campaign and Placement: celebrates stand-alone campaigns and world-class media placements
- Integrated Campaign of the Year: Be Social
- PR Campaign of the Year: Heron Agency
- Brand Activation of the Year: Element Brand Group
- Media Placement of the Year: Victory Public Relations
Individual: honors communication practitioners from all experience levels making a positive impact on the industry through innovation, mentorship, career successes and best practices
- The Blush Award – Emerging Communicator of the Year: Kirsten Weinberg, Be Social
- The Bloom Award – Communicator of the Year: Kelly Howard, EightSixtySouth
- The Maven Award (Judges’ choice) – Career Achievement: Noreen Heron, Heron Agency
2018 BCA Judges:
- Ali Grant, Founder of Be Social and Be Social Talent
- Nina Ojeda, Founder and CEO of PRÊTE (Founder of The Avenue West)
- Viet N’Guyen, Founder and CEO of Issa PR
- Crosby Noricks, Founder of PR Couture
2018 BCA Sponsors and Partners:
- Marque Media, representing Best Agency to Work For and Best Boutique Agency to Work For
- Linger Magazine, Experimental Jewellery Club, Goodnight Darling Co., and StickerYou
PR Couture looks forward to continuing to propel fashion and lifestyle communication to new heights through programs and opportunities like the Bespoke Communication Awards.
To inquire about becoming a judge, joining as an advisor, or sponsorship opportunities for 2019, please email email@example.com.
By now, we’ve all seen the compelling data as to why brands should invest in cause marketing—and a new study from teen and young adult-focused brand engagement agency Fuse supports those findings, with 67 percent of teens saying they were more likely to purchase from...
A business reputation is one that is hard won, but can be lost in a matter of minutes, especially in today’s digital world where consumers are constantly connected. One wrong move online and your brand can take a serious hit. A misinformed social post can reach the...
U.S. PR agency profitability numbers reveal a steady rebound from last year’s rate, signifying an upturn in industry growth after a few years of diminished results. Participating firms reported an average of 18 percent of net revenues in 2017, according to the latest...