The PRSA Foundation and Museum of PR have launched a book, “Diverse Voices: Profiles in Leadership,” designed to help communications leaders, professionals and students better understand the challenges faced by minorities in the profession. To celebrate the publishing of the book, the PRSA Foundation is hosting a launch party in partnership with Twitter.
The evening will include a CCO panel discussion featuring contributors to the book, a presentation on diversity & inclusion best practices at Twitter, and networking and cocktails with contributors to the book who are present.
The event will be hosted by Co-Chairs Lisa Osborne Ross, President, Edelman’s Washington, D.C. office, and Manuel Goncalves, Executive Director, Media Relations & Corporate Communications, KPMG.
The evening will include a CCO panel on “Diverse Voices: From Advocacy to Action,” that will include:
- Emile Lee, SVP & Global Head of Communications, Dun & Bradstreet
- Rosemary Mercedes, CCO, Univision
- Torod Neptune, CCO, Lenovo
- Michael Sneed, EVP, Global Corporate Affairs, and CCO, Johnson & Johnson
- Moderator: Mike Fernandez, Former CCO, Conagra, Cargill, State Farm
- Guest of honor will be industry icon Harold Burson, who authored the forward to “Diverse Voices.”
“Diverse Voices” ($39.00) was developed by the PRSA Foundation and the Museum of Public Relations, with all proceeds, after expenses, going to the Foundation. The PRSA Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps directly and positively impact lives through initiatives designed to jump-start the careers of promising students from diverse backgrounds including grants, scholarships, research and awareness campaigns.
The event will be held on December 4, 6:30pm to 8:30pm, at Twitter’s offices on 245 W17th Street b/w 7th and 8th Avenues, NY, NY.ß
Get ticket information here.