NEW YORK, April 25, 2023 – PRSSA announced the election of its 2023-2024 National Committee. Sankalp Sharma was elected as National President and will lead the group of volunteer student committee members beginning their one-year term on June 1.
“Congratulations to this year’s well deserving, newly elected National Committee members,” said Michelle Egan, APR, Fellow PRSA, 2023 PRSA Chair. “PRSSA students constantly impress me with their dedication to and passion for public relations as a field of study. I look forward to working closely with them as we support their journey to becoming active PRSA members and new professionals in the communications community.”
A junior at California State University in Sacramento, California studying public relations and marketing, Sharma previously served as PRSSA’s 2022-2023 Vice President of Chapter Development. He has been a member of PRSSA since his very first week of college and served in several leadership roles for his Chapter. Sharma’s involvement with PRSSA National also includes serving as a District Ambassador, and being a member of the PRoud Council.
New National Committee Members also include:
- Vice President of Brand Engagement: Basia Stachurska, Emerson College
- Vice President of Career Services: Melina O’Neal, West Chester University
- Vice President of Digital Communications: Bella Kendrena, California State University, Fullerton
- Vice President of Members Services: Ava Kendrena, California State University, Fullerton
- Vice President of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging: Teo Landoni, Universidad Argentina De La Empresa (UADE)
- Vice President, Events and Fundraising: Milagros Orcoyen, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (UADE)
- Vice President of Professional Development: Megan vanVollenhoven, University of South Carolina
- Immediate Past President: Alyson Hoffman, Ohio Northern University (2023 graduate)
The Vice President of Chapter Development position remains open. PRSSA will reopen the application process by the end of this week, and the National Committee will fill the position by the end of May.
About the Public Relations Student Society of America
The Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is the foremost organization for students interested in public relations and communications. Since 1967, PRSSA has served hundreds of thousands of student members, offering educational programs, resources, scholarships, and mentorship opportunities that prepare students for a successful career in communications. For nearly 50 years, the organization has hosted the Bateman Case Study Competition, which challenges student teams to implement a public relations campaign for an actual client. PRSSA is active on college and university campuses across the U.S., as well as Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit www.prssa.org.