Chief communicators are investing heavily in creativity to deliver better customer experiences that drive business growth. New research from global digital agency Isobar Global asserts that the customer experience has evolved into what now can be called a “Creative Experience”—using creativity to create distinct and connected experiences that create a place for brands to live in people’s lives.
The firm’s new study, Creative Experience: the evolution of CX,surveyed 1,000 CMOs and senior-level marketers on customer experience, and the results outline the three imperatives for superior CX—a “customer-centered business strategy,” an “innovative use of technology,” and “data analytics to personalize products and services,” with the marketers who do not embrace these capabilities being at risk of being left behind.
“Experience is the only point of meaningful differentiation in brands,” said Ronald Ng, Isobar Global chief creative officer, in a news release. “[While] technology provides the infrastructure, it’s a creativity that enables customer experiences to have meaning.”
CMOs believe creativity is critical to transforming both customer experience and business overall
Eighty-five percent of CMOs said that creativity and big ideas that ‘build the brand and that make create an emotional connection’ are important to the future success of their business and 47 percent are investing in creativity next year.
Other notable findings include:
- 52 percent of CMOs ranked Creativity and Ideation as the most important elements of the success of their business today and 47 percent are investing in Creativity next year as a priority
- 83 percent say that customer experience & commerce capabilities that are seamless and consistent across all channels is important to the future success of their business
- 57 percent of CMOs say increased customer expectations are a barrier to Customer Experience Excellence
- 64 percent of respondents said that good customer service means that the product or service delivers consistently
- 74 percent of marketers are already using or anticipate using Voice technologies, and 64 percent are already using or expect to use AR and VR in the near future
“This survey is a must-read for any marketer aspiring to deliver next-level customer experiences,” said Jean Lin, Isobar Global CEO, in the release. “It defines Creative Experience—how the intersection of data, creativity & technology will lead the future transformation of businesses and brands through experience.”
The report includes key findings and five tools CMOs to use immediately to transform the customer experience:
- Developing a transformation strategy powered by creativity
- Evaluating technology architecture to underpin experience success
- Investing in commerce through a D2C platform strategy
- Measuring Innovation to drive business results
- Utilizing modern creativity to create experiences that resonate
To give insight into the world of the marketer today and their view of the future, Isobar’s CX spoke to 1,000 CMOS or those in equivalent positions, from across ten markets: Australia, China, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States. The firm worked with Kadence International to access our sample of CMOs and fieldwork was conducted in May 2019.