New research from customer relationship management software provider SuperOffice finds that 62 percent of companies do not respond to customer service emails.
SuperOffice wanted to find out if these numbers were accurate and so they conducted their own customer service performance analysis of 1,000 companies, both large and small organizations, around the world.
To conduct the research, SuperOffice sent a customer service request to each company with two questions and scored results on how fast the companies responded, the support content, quality and tone of the response.
Businesses continue to emphasize how important their customers are, yet the number of companies that do not respond to customer requests has continued to grow.
Here are the key findings from the new study:
- 62 percent of companies do not respond to customer service emails
- 90 percent of companies do not acknowledge or inform the customer that an email has been received
- 97 percent of companies do not follow up with customers to see if they are satisfied with the response
- Only 20 percent of companies are able to answer questions in the first reply
- The average response time to handle a customer service request is 12 hours and 10 minutes
Want more like this?
Subscribe to get daily or weekly PR News updates from Bulldog Reporter
How many concepts are so captivating that students are willing to study them for no credits? Ask any educator that question and they will tell you: not many. So when Dr. Ernest Wilson III was approached by his students who wanted to learn more about Third Space...
By making your business more energy efficient, using renewable energy where possible and recycling more, you can lower the business’ carbon footprint and do your bit in the fight to save our planet. There are, however, several reasons to embrace eco-friendly practices...
CEOs are deepening their engagement in the areas of ethics, values, trust and transparency, according to new research on the marketing and communications practices of leading companies from EthicOne and the Ethisphere Institute. The new, jointly released Ethics in...