More than three quarters (nearly 77 percent) of marketers in a new survey from Promo.com say that videos are an important part of their online marketing. The firm’s new Small Business Video Marketing Trends Study digs deeper to find out exactly how marketers create videos and use them to reach their audiences and grow their businesses.
Additional findings show that 51 percent publish a video more than once a week, while 36 percent create more than 5 videos a month—showcasing a continued trend in the dominance of video marketing as a key way to reach consumers around the world.
However, 35 percent of SMBs run their videos organically with no advertising budgets
“It’s great to see that SMBs are creating more video content than ever before,” said Tom More, CEO at Promo.com, in a news release. “However, in order to achieve great results and compete with the big brands, SMBs have to up their game by creating more videos, test different visuals and messages and experiment with different audiences. Allocating even a small budget for advertising on social channels can really be a game-changer for SMBs.”
The study showed a strong preference among SMBs to Facebook as a distribution channel as 54 percent rank Facebook as their top-performing channel.
Additional key findings from the study include:
- 65 percent of marketers create their own videos and only 6 percent use a professional video editor to create their videos.
- Ads is the most popular type of video content among SMBs (38 percent), and social videos ranked second (33 percent).
- 58 percent of marketers combine their own visuals with stock footage and photos.
- 70 percent publish video Stories on their company Facebook and Instagram channels.
- 38 percent spend up to $500 a month to boost their videos.
The Promo.com 2020 Small Business Marketing Trends was conducted by Promo.com, during December 2019 of more than 500 marketers, small business owners and entrepreneurs of all ages, from all over the world, using an email invitation and online survey.